Options

Nickelback

OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
edited March 2006 in Other Music
good god this band is average.i am sick of them turning out the same old shit.all the right reasons is just a collection of songs about chad screwing girls in the back of cars, him having pub fights to fend off guys coming onto his girlfriend who is flirting with them anyway and dressing like a slut and about how he wants to be a rockstar who gets high on drugs all the time and doesn't eat so he stays skinny.bloody hell it's a shocker

i don't know what all their other albums are like but this was very average and nothing new and nickelback are just a band who turns out the same old catchy crap-ideal for radio and not much else.

and yes, while i do find myself singing along to their songs often bear in mind people that catchy music is not good music.

vent over sorry bout that, had to get it out.
Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nickelfuck is the worst band in the history of music
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    If you haven't heard that mp3 called Nickelbacksucks I recommend it as it's certainly for you. I had their new album at one point, gave it two spins, threw it out. The only quality guitar solos they've ever had on their records were the ones from Dimebag Darrell. I really can't stand them now and it took me longer than it should have to discover they have no artistic integrity.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    The State was a pretty decnt album, but you guys probably hadn't heard of them at that time
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Echoes wrote:
    The State was a pretty decnt album, but you guys probably hadn't heard of them at that time

It's the only one I didn't own(I had The Curb, it sucked) but now all my Nickelback CD's are in the trash. I've heard some good things about that album but I'm not going to waste my money on them when I'm trying to expand my taste in other better directions.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i don't want to start a new thread. I am drunk and it needs to be known. Metallica is a weak band. Personaly i think they suck. I like alot of thier songs and i am sure im going to get alot of young fucks and toby keith fans telling me otherwise... metallica sucks... hammett, i like. At least he tries to be a good person.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    not4u wrote:
    i don't want to start a new thread. I am drunk and it needs to be known. Metallica is a weak band. Personaly i think they suck. I like alot of thier songs and i am sure im going to get alot of young fucks and toby keith fans telling me otherwise... metallica sucks... hammett, i like. At least he tries to be a good person.

yeh i used to love then, but i havent actually head a song for months.
    I havent heard a song for months, well i heard "the one " live on a dvd as they ahd a screen is hard rock cafe.

i just cant find a mood or time to really listen to em.

overall i think they are good still with the guitar and stuff. especially when they played with 200 person orchestra
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    there was this article how some of them though they were in alice in chains and stuff, was funny, i'll try to find it
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    I will defend The State. I think if you look at that album by itself, and don't try to look at it as a Picasso or some other work of art, it's a good album...

The rest of it is pretty bad...
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah i rekon.the thing that pisses me off the most about them is that the keep turning out the same shit.theres no diversity with nickelback
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "