Options

on the beach

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Anyone ever hear Neil Young's On the beach. It is one of those albums that are lifechanging, and you get chills listening to it.

I wasnt alive in the 60's and 70's, but the album is about Nixon, Patty hearst, manson, and just how in the 70's when the album was created, people were tired, tired of war, violence, bloodshed, lies etc...

The entire album has a certain feel to it. Its indescribeable. You can sense the feeling of desperation and anger as well as hopelessness that that generation felt. The war was just ending, nixon resigned, 60,000 soldiers were dead. Drugs had ended the lives of many people.

Amazing album. I have heard very few cds that even come close to rivaling the emotion in these 8 songs.

Amazing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It is my favorite neil album. Ambulance Blues sums the album up well for me. That song grabs you by the neck.

Have you heard Tonight's the Night? THat is another neil album that is dripping with emotion. If you haven't you should check it out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    hmm, i'll check it you

thanks

600th post ;)
  • Options
    it's an amazing, amazing album. i just got it a few months ago and it's been in heavy rotation since.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    I predict it will be the next cd I buy. I was planning on checking out a different record store today anyhow. And I’ve met Patty Hearst on a few occasions, one trippy lady. Black clothes, black sunglasses, and dyed black hair. Always thought she was one of the most interesting people I’ve ever come across. I would love to have an hour or so to talk to her about Stockholm’s syndrome, robbing banks, and some of the other bizarre things she has lived through.

Anyways, cool, can’t wait to give it a listen.
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,100
    Ambulance Blues rocks... I was lucky enough to hear it live a few yrs back during his solo all acoustic tour..caught him at the theater at msg:) FUCKING ROCKED!!
  • Options
    i picked it up a few months ago and ofcourse it is amazing. its pretty cool that it's on CD. it had never ever been released on CD until last year. just vinyl since the early seventies.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    yeah, definitely have a love for on the beach. as you mentioned lukins fridge, a lot of the older stuff is just now getting around to cd format...now if only time fades away would get released...i have a feeling it will never happen though...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i picked it up a few months ago and ofcourse it is amazing. its pretty cool that it's on CD. it had never ever been released on CD until last year. just vinyl since the early seventies.
    It was released on bootlegged cd's. I know i paid like 30 bucks for a copy about 5 years ago.

Nice he finally released it officially though.

I also have a copy of Times Fade Away acquired the same way on cd. You can find them if you look around but it is nto easy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22