Options

Why the Peppers...

egg_rollingegg_rolling Posts: 16
edited February 2006 in Other Music
have already announced the title of their new album, release date, several song titles and european tour dates and Pearl Jam hasnt said a word, when both albums apparently are to come out at the same time? It's so frustrating... im happy, though... im excited for the new Chili Peppers stuff.

Also, check this out:

- Foo Fighters "In Your Honor": Double disc (loud and soft)
- Ben Harper "Both Sides Of The Gun": Double disc
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium": Double disc
- Green Day "Bullet In A Bible": CD and DVD pack

Wouldn't it be so awesome if PJ released the new record as a pack of the CD and a DVD... something like Single Video Theory??? wooo how cool would that be!!!

anyway... just thought i'd share...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Major label pressure. They do it not the band.

And the suitcoats say "there's money to be made,"
    They get so excited nothing gets in their way!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    yah as long as they also released the cd separately for the more casual fans...
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    As weird as it sounds; I prefer it the PJ way!
    I support "PJ_Lukin" on this subject - major label 'pressure'.

However, I DO look forward to the RHCP album which I think will be one of their finest records!
    PJ in Danish:
    www.pearl-jam.dk
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    When will you and everyone else stop comparing what other bands do to what PJ does...Just because the Peppers or any band have put out info, doesnt mean that they need to do the same thing. When have they EVER followed suit with anything?....NEVER, maybe?

PJ have ALWAYS done things this way.. Seriously, we will know when they want us to. Not harshing on you, just pointing out, that this has been and prob always will be the norm with them. This is NOT out of the ordinary what so ever.

scott :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    The difference is that the Chili Peppers are much more interested in getting the usual hype going around their new record, singles, videos, the usual hoopla. PJ doesn't seem to give a fuck if anyone even knows they have a record out half the time.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    The difference is that the Chili Peppers are much more interested in getting the usual hype going around their new record, singles, videos, the usual hoopla. PJ doesn't seem to give a fuck if anyone even knows they have a record out half the time.

This is what I was going to say in less colorful words. One is trying the build hype, the other knows the fans are already hyped.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---