Options

The thrill is back

KBaxter74KBaxter74 Posts: 30
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Ok I tried...Ireally did. I tried to buy and listen to some music from newer groups. Namely, Seether and Shinedown! Even though they are from the same genre as bands like Disturbed Three Days Grace, 10 Days, (which in my opinion are over-produced crap). Well...I came to find that there are some high points on both the CD's, but in all actualityit is the same over-produced stuff. Just my opinion!

I got so frustrated that most music from new bands soesn't seem of any value to me. Until I decided to look back through my CD's that don't get much play in my CD player. I decided to pull out Screaming Trees' Dust. I spun it once and now I am hooked. I ran to the music store to find some other stuff and I found Sweet Oblivion used. SO has got to be the most underrated CD of the 90's. I haven't had this feeling listening to "new" music in a long time. I am now trying to find every piece of Screaming Trees music I can. It has also inspired me to go look into other bands that I had heard of like Mudhoney, Afghan Whigs and Tad. Plus you can usually find these CD's in the used bin for like 3 or 4 bucks. I have found a new musical revolution.
Cannot stop the thought, running in the dark, coming up a which way sign, all good truants must decide.
-Immortality
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I love Shinedown's second album. I rate it at my 3rd favorite album all time. Most people haven't given it a chance because they think it's like their first album but it's not. One listen to Lady So Devine would tell you that. I like Seether as well, but they need a strong lead guitarist and to switch up their music. As for Screaming Trees, they definately do rock. I only have Sweet Oblivion as of right now but it's amazing.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    Yeah like I said, I gave Shinedown a try but they didn't impress me. I like Lady So Devine and one other but other than that it wasn't my cup of tea. They are probably one of the most talented bands that I have heard that is new. Still, that doesn't say much.
    Cannot stop the thought, running in the dark, coming up a which way sign, all good truants must decide.
    -Immortality