Options

New Strokes

BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
edited December 2005 in Other Music
It's in a zip file and sounds great. Enjoy why it's still up. Somebody on their message board leaked it.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S2OJHVHQA64V3JECHJFXC7OF3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Bremerton wrote:
    It's in a zip file and sounds great. Enjoy why it's still up. Somebody on their message board leaked it.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S2OJHVHQA64V3JECHJFXC7OF3
    good lookin out....thanks a bunch bro
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    This year Christmas came early for me. :)
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    Call me old fashioned, but I'd still much rather listen to a CD when it's actually released, when a band intended it to be heard. Not to mention there's nothing like waiting for an album to be released & popping it in for that first long awaited listen.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Call me old fashioned, but I'd still much rather listen to a CD when it's actually released, when a band intended it to be heard. Not to mention there's nothing like waiting for an album to be released & popping it in for that first long awaited listen.
    this is my long awaited first listen so whats the difference.I'm still going to buy it....By the way the album is fantastic.14 tracks,all at least 3 minutes to 4 and a half minutes long, and 5 or 6 immediate standouts.One of the most original acts around,good stuff.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    this is my long awaited first listen so whats the difference.I'm still going to buy it....By the way the album is fantastic.14 tracks,all at least 3 minutes to 4 and a half minutes long, and 5 or 6 immediate standouts.One of the most original acts around,good stuff.

I just meant there's something about having a "new release" in your hand...didn't question whether you'd buy it. I just think all the album leaking of any band is lame, we should hear it when they want us to. The more I hear "Juicebox", the more I like it...I have no doubt that they won't disappoint.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    I just meant there's something about having a "new release" in your hand...didn't question whether you'd buy it. I just think all the album leaking of any band is lame, we should hear it when they want us to.

I agree 100%. For me there's just a certain feeling about rushing to a store, buying a CD, then running to your car to unwrap it and pop it in while looking at the new art. I'll never download albums because it would take away from that experience.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    pj_zombie wrote:
    I agree 100%. For me there's just a certain feeling about rushing to a store, buying a CD, then running to your car to unwrap it and pop it in while looking at the new art. I'll never download albums because it would take away from that experience.

i agree with you both, i am one of the few people i know who still buy CDs.

but this time i could not help myself. since i watched their performance of the new songs here in SA i was dying to hear the whole album.

but i just listen to it once. i will buy it the moment its available...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bump this up so people can download the album so they know not to buy it!
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    u can see their new video in their official web-site http://www.thestrokes.com
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    bump this up so people can download the album so they know not to buy it!

bump so people can hear the audio poo coming out of the computer speakers after downloading the new strokes