Options

Songs about real life incidents?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    for what its worth? whats that about ?
    iv heard the song but i guess iv never really really listened

While it's regarded as one of the protest songs in the 60's and in particular the Vietnam War. It is however believed that Stills wrote it in reaction to the 1966 closing of Pandora's Box (a small rock club in L.A.'s Sunset Strip) and the escalating unrest between club-goer's and the police. The club was the site of protests after law enforcement imposed a 10 p.m. curfew for those under 18. The real reason behind it was control of the growing crowds in the small club, they said it was spilling into Sunset Strip traffic.

The Los Angeles officials ended up bulldozing the club and built a right turn traffic light in the same place.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    Another classic Lightoot number, actuall 2 of them:
    Canadian Railroad Trilogy and "Black Day IN July" great songs timeless classics
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    50 Mission Cap - The Tragically Hip

go leafs go
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    While it's regarded as one of the protest songs in the 60's and in particular the Vietnam War. It is however believed that Stills wrote it in reaction to the 1966 closing of Pandora's Box (a small rock club in L.A.'s Sunset Strip) and the escalating unrest between club-goer's and the police. The club was the site of protests after law enforcement imposed a 10 p.m. curfew for those under 18. The real reason behind it was control of the growing crowds in the small club, they said it was spilling into Sunset Strip traffic.

The Los Angeles officials ended up bulldozing the club and built a right turn traffic in the same place.

wow you must know everything lol that was very detailed
    thanx :)
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    wow you must know everything lol that was very detailed
    thanx :)

I did an assignment about that song back in highschool for Music and Lyrics class. I'm quite pleased I still remember it. :D
  • Options
    All My Love ~ Led Zeppelin
    (Robert Plant wrote this song when his oldest son Karac, died of a stomach infection.)

Rock the Casbah ~ The Clash
    (Iran's banning of rock music)
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2

i like john lennon's version better

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/j/johnlennonlyrics/sundaybloodysundaylyrics.html
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Wow guys so stoked with the replies to this thread! IM off to buy a neil young and bob dylan CD tomorrow but i need some suggestions!!! are these guys considered the "storytellers" if so does anyone else get this kind of acolade?
    the defection of the soul, nauseously quick
  • Options
    man u should listen to powderfinger by lou reed.
    also get new york - lou reed
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    what about Rival by pearl jam?

i thought this was about the columbine shootings or something...