Options

Queen

2»

Comments

• Options
    eMMI wrote:
    I was so young when he died that I don't exactly remember anything about it. but I read some book about him and that made me really sad. :(
    he was so awesome!

i remember it being all over the news and my parents are big queen fans and they were gutted too.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    2 favourite Queen tracks

Don't Stop Me Now - - (see Shaun of the Dead for brilliant use of this song)
    Fat Bottomed Girls - - you make the rockin' world go round
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Love the band. I own every album, even the recent Queen & Paul Rodgers live CD/DVD that is out now.

Great songwriters. "I'm in Love with my car", "I'm going Slightly mad", "We will rock you", "All Dead", "Ogre Battle"... man so many great songs...
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    lukin14 wrote:
    2 favourite Queen tracks

Don't Stop Me Now - - (see Shaun of the Dead for brilliant use of this song)
    Fat Bottomed Girls - - you make the rockin' world go round

Don't Stop Me Now really is a class tune.
    but I've never been that fond of Fat Bottomed Girls.. dunno exactly why. :)
    maybe cus I'm a girl. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    Love the band. I own every album, even the recent Queen & Paul Rodgers live CD/DVD that is out now.

Great songwriters. "I'm in Love with my car", "I'm going Slightly mad", "We will rock you", "All Dead", "Ogre Battle"... man so many great songs...

I don't have nearly all of the albums. something like 5. I was so happy when I found News of the World from a tiny record store in Oulu. (still in Finland but nowhere near my hometown) :D

I'm thinking that Innuendo is my favourite album..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    I am a huge fan of their album "Sheer Heart Attack". Have been since I first heard the album as a teen ager. Although "A Night At The Opera" is considered their classic album, "Sheer Heart Attack" has it all for me.

Straight ahead rock - "Stone Cold Crazy" (which Metallica really didn't pull off properly on "Garage Days"), "Brighton Rock" (Brian May's best guitar work ever, IMHO), "Now I'm Here"

The artsy fartsy stuff - "Lily of the Valley", "Bring Back That Leroy Brown", "In The Lap Of The Gods"

Great pop rock - "Killer Queen", "Misfire"

Where else can I go without quoting all the songs on the album? This album I feel is not only Queen's most under rated album, but is also one of the most under rated albums in rock and roll of all time.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    I don't really like queen, weird isn't it?

Anyway, I like some songs... but that's it, I couldn't stand listening to a whole album.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    I don't really like queen, weird isn't it?

Anyway, I like some songs... but that's it, I couldn't stand listening to a whole album.

but doesn't the fact that you like some songs make you a person who likes Queen? :p but it's not your favourite.

well, I too sometimes have "trouble" listening through some whole album at once. cause there's a lot of the artsy stuff..
  • Options
    so, what the hell?!
    no more Queen fans??!!!

I don't believe you! lol.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    so, what the hell?!
    no more Queen fans??!!!

I don't believe you! lol.

I second the earlier bump!
  • Options
    still listening here
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    queen is amazing..
    and the new tour with paul rodgers is a must for a queen fan.. the great thing is the paul rodgers doesnt even try to imitate freddy.. he sings it in his own way. so they arent eager to copy freddy but just to play songs for people who like it..

news of the world is my favourite album , with spread your wings and Its Late as best songs....
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    there must be more Queen lovers here! there must!

but if there isn't, the people who already have posted, may as well post again. :D
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Weird, I just put on We Are the Champions, and then I saw this thread. I love Queen. They were absolutely brilliant. I saw a documentary about them a few weeks ago, and it made me realise just how deadly they were.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Weird, I just put on We Are the Champions, and then I saw this thread. I love Queen. They were absolutely brilliant. I saw a documentary about them a few weeks ago, and it made me realise just how deadly they were.

ooh. this world is full of mysterious and weird things. :)

Queen rocks seriously! they were my first favourite band. (guess who's now? :p )
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Now I'm listening to "I Want It All", which became my favourite Queen song after watching the aforementioned doc. It was so sad though when it got to talking about the later years when Freddie was just fading slowly. He never stopped working for a second though. He was an amzing man, and probably the best frontman ever.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Now I'm listening to "I Want It All", which became my favourite Queen song after watching the aforementioned doc. It was so sad though when it got to talking about the later years when Freddie was just fading slowly. He never stopped working for a second though. He was an amzing man, and probably the best frontman ever.

it's a good song. :)

I know. :o I read a book written by Jim Hutton (supposedly Freddies boyfriend/husband) though I don't know if it's (entirely) true it was really moving.
    the part dealing Freddies death brought tears to my eyes. :(
    world lost such a talent!