Stones to do 2006 Super Bowl

bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
edited November 2005 in Other Music
Yes The Rolling Stones have been announced as the 2006 Super Bowl half time performance. finally a good performance this year. we hardly ever get any good performers for it although mccartney put on a good show last year.

THE ROLLING FUCKIN STONES!
there'll be time for laughin'
there's no time to cry
soon i will be leavin'
look me in the eye
no matter what's in front of me
it's your face that i'll see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN! How 1966 of the NFL
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • so you would rather have good charlotte, or maybe some ungodly sounding punk band of our modern day doing the super bowl? hell no. the only other bands i would want to see doing the show would be Coldplay or DMB. The Stones are gonna rock!
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Its nice to see the NFL is upping the quality of their half time shows. After the Janet Jackson fiasco its refreshing to see great acts like the Stones and Paul McCartney do it. Paul kicked hella ass last year and I expect the Stones to do one better.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    cool news, i'll be tuned in for sure
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Maybe Mick will flash us a boob or rip the shirt off of Keith....;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • That's cool! Finally some good music! I am sick of seeing all the pop divas and shit during half time.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    I was really hoping for Ashlee Simpson
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • i am soooo not a football fan but i definatly watched it for Paul McCartney and i will definatly be tuning in for the stones!!
    howcome other sports have rock bands play in the middle of their big games ?
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    I wonder if PJ would ever do it? It would be pretty interesting. But stones, that's cool. Its funny, how to be on the "safe side," they ask these classic rockers to go out there.
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • They need to get Liam and his brother to do the Superbowl.
  • Yes The Rolling Stones have been announced as the 2006 Super Bowl half time performance. finally a good performance this year. we hardly ever get any good performers for it although mccartney put on a good show last year.

THE ROLLING FUCKIN STONES!

We did our best to turn the 2005 FA Cup final into the superbowl:D
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    They need to get Liam and his brother to do the Superbowl.

Oasis definitly would be a great choice also, maybe next year!
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
  • PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    They need to get Liam and his brother to do the Superbowl.

that would be so awesome,lol.
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • It should be a cool greatest hits set
  • lol, the FCC got 2 complaints on last years halftime act. Both were that Paul McCartney was boring, hahaha.

Anyways...I'm surprised to read this that they got the Stones. I figured since it's here in Detroit they'd tote out the only musician who ever became anything and did anything from the area. You know...that hero amongst heroes who is always THE Detroit celebrity in the spotlight, on the big screen whenever a major sporting event in Detroit comes back from a commercial break.

Yeah, I'm talking Kid Rock. >.>

Oh, and if they announce a special "surprise" national anthem singer, then that guarentees that it's Aretha Frankilin. Poor, predictable Detroit ALWAYS goes with Aretha Franklin.

At least it sounds like the NFL picks it's talent, not the host city. (not that that's always a good thing...)
  • The Stones would be cool if they palyed something decent - I'm not looking forward to Start Me Up, Jumping Jack Flash and Brown Sugar. I want to hear some TNA, MonkeyMan, Salt of the Earth , etc.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    lol, the FCC got 2 complaints on last years halftime act. Both were that Paul McCartney was boring, hahaha.

Anyways...I'm surprised to read this that they got the Stones. I figured since it's here in Detroit they'd tote out the only musician who ever became anything and did anything from the area. You know...that hero amongst heroes who is always THE Detroit celebrity in the spotlight, on the big screen whenever a major sporting event in Detroit comes back from a commercial break.

Yeah, I'm talking Kid Rock. >.>

Oh, and if they announce a special "surprise" national anthem singer, then that guarentees that it's Aretha Frankilin. Poor, predictable Detroit ALWAYS goes with Aretha Franklin.

At least it sounds like the NFL picks it's talent, not the host city. (not that that's always a good thing...)
    My guess is Kid Rock as well as some old Motown artists will be part of the pregame festivities.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I wish they would bring back the Butt Bowl...