Options

van morrison

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited March 2006 in Other Music
thinking about seeing him at the end of April. Anyone seen him?

What does he usually play, old songs...new stuff...mix of both?
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I've seen him lots of times. He's unpredictable. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's complete shit. He's got a new album out, so expect a lot of new material. But yes, he does sing a lot of old songs too.
  • Options
    I've seen him lots of times. He's unpredictable. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's complete shit. He's got a new album out, so expect a lot of new material. But yes, he does sing a lot of old songs too.

heh....alright. Apparently he doesn't play America that often, and my dad LOVES him....

but I was just wondering....i've heard some good things about him, so I think it would be worth a shot. I just hope he plays old stuff...that's all I really care about.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    If you're only interested in old stuff then I suggest you DEFINITELY go and see him. He won't play much of it, but its ok, cus if you like music then you'll have a great time.

Van most definitely is the man. Oh yes.
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    GO SEE HIM!!!!

Though it's true that live he's either amazing or just so so (kind of like Bob Dylan) but even on an off night he still out performs 90% of the bands out there! It is rare that he's around this side of the world so take advantage.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    Okay...I'm taking everyones advice and going. Someone pointed out to me earlier that "he's a legend and you should just go see him to SEE him"

if that makes any sense.