Options

New Gnr

ereeperereeper Posts: 66
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I got two new GNR songs today.

The first is the full length version of "IRS". This was leaked last year, but it was a partial clip with poor audio. The new version is cleaned up and complete

The other is the debut of "Better". This is a partial clip, but with good sound quality.

If you want the songs, I will e-mail the first person who wants them. However, if you get the songs you must promise to e-mail them to the next person below you who wants them. Thus creating an e-mail chain.

I'm interested in hearing other opinions on these demos.
Indy 2000
Detroit 2000
Indy 2003
Detroit I 2003
Detroit II 2003
Grand Rapids 2004
Grand Rapids 2006
Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Ill take it.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    I need your e-mail
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    I'd like to get on this train...
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I like trains... Count me in!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    ccollccoll Posts: 34
    Why would you even consider mentioning GNR? GNR cannot be taken seriously, their shit is so contrived. They should have died after Appetite for Destruction, which has carried their rep for nearly 2 decades.

What kind of album name is Chinese Democracy? I can't take any political statement seriously from a red-headed asshole who is better suited for singing about copulation and drinking.........He's a good dancer too. Doe's he still have corn rows?

Is slash back, or will a whole new set of "musicians" be polluting the airwaves this summer?

Nothing personal against you, but I can't stand these bands who have nothing to offer lyrically and are basically are a product of a cookie cutter- assembly line industry. On a serious note, I bet they'll sell lots of albums though. So maybe that's all that matters.
  • Options
    these went around this morning, ,i think the thread is around just search!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    wolfc wrote:
    Why would you even consider mentioning GNR? GNR cannot be taken seriously, their shit is so contrived. They should have died after Appetite for Destruction, which has carried their rep for nearly 2 decades.

I have to disagree. Use Your Illusions 1 & 2 really stood out in the time frame of music history. A lot of epic songs.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Count me in. I'd love to hear these.
  • Options
    they are pretty good surprisingly,
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Type your e-mail in a thread reply.

Then I'll send it to someone.
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    wolfc wrote:

What kind of album name is Chinese Democracy? I can't take any political statement seriously from a red-headed asshole who is better suited for singing about copulation and drinking.........He's a good dancer too. Doe's he still have corn rows?

Is slash back, or will a whole new set of "musicians" be polluting the airwaves this summer?

Nothing personal against you, but I can't stand these bands who have nothing to offer lyrically and are basically are a product of a cookie cutter- assembly line industry. On a serious note, I bet they'll sell lots of albums though. So maybe that's all that matters.

Your grasp of the fact that taste is a personal thing is astounding.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • Options
    wolfc wrote:

yeah patience isn't good lyrically.. come on-- a great band .. far from a cookie cutter band

hate to say it.. if axl would have died back in the early 90s like Kurt.. GNR would go down in history as one of the greatest bands ever.. yes better than nirvana
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    not sure what to make of these... used to LOVE gnr and was stoked bout the possibility of hearin them. now that I've heard them... mixed emotions...

not real sure bout it.. argggggggggg
  • Options
    not sure what to make of these... used to LOVE gnr and was stoked bout the possibility of hearin them. now that I've heard them... mixed emotions...

not real sure bout it.. argggggggggg

I read somewhere (while ago) that these are new musicians, just axl remains... he fired everyone, and later he fired a few set of musicians too... I never liked GnR that much, yes it was a boom 15 yrs ago, I'm not even curious to see how it sounds... axl sings like someone is stepping in a monkey's tail. (wonder how that would sound... hey! I'm more curious to hear how would a monkey sound like while someone steps on his tail...)
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 116
    Hey can someone send these to me? Thanks!
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 116
    Ah it's all good, I got it.

He's inventing some very odd, strange genre with that song Better. No idea what to make of that, crazy. Have to hear the whole thing before I love or loathe it
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    ereeper wrote:
    I got two new GNR songs today.

The first is the full length version of "IRS". This was leaked last year, but it was a partial clip with poor audio. The new version is cleaned up and complete

The other is the debut of "Better". This is a partial clip, but with good sound quality.

If you want the songs, I will e-mail the first person who wants them. However, if you get the songs you must promise to e-mail them to the next person below you who wants them. Thus creating an e-mail chain.

I'm interested in hearing other opinions on these demos.
    *ding* the year is 1993
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    i'll take a nicotine, caffeine, sugar fix ! ! !
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Can someone send it to me, Ill post them in a yousendit file which will be a lot easier.

wags627(at)gmail(dot)com
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Please send to me....

nizmike@yahoo.com
  • Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    did anyone stick this on a fileshare like yousendit yet? If so I'd love the link.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Options
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Can someone send it to me, Ill post them in a yousendit file which will be a lot easier.

wags627(at)gmail(dot)com

hahahaha Wagner???? is that you???
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I have to disagree. Use Your Illusions 1 & 2 really stood out in the time frame of music history. A lot of epic songs.

PBM

Exactly what I was going to say. I am a big GNR fan. Axl is fucked up for sure, but he is VERY talented in my opinion. Writes some GREAT stuff.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    we are talking about the double album with that could have been whittled down to 13 songs tops, just because its double doesnt make it great. time has been very unkind to UYL I and II.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I totally blame Guns n’ Roses for(me) missing Pearl Jam live in 1991. The first time I saw Gn'R they opened for Aerosmith (1988). My mate at the time was caught and we ended up spending quite a bit of time seeing that group. I liked Slash and Duff they rock. Their original drummer Steven Adler’s style and look reminds me a lot of Dave Abbruzzese. I’m not sure about the 2002 tour but in 2001 they played Rio III. They played song’s called Chinese Democracy and The Blues that I think are supposed to be new. Axhole introduces a song called Madagascar as new also.

My Gn’R Concert History
    88 Mountain View (supporting Aerosmith)
    91 San Francisco (Warfield Theatre headlining)
    91 Mountain View (headlining)
    92 Oakland (with Metallica)
    93 Sacramento (with Brian May)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    I would love to hear these songs.....could someone send them to me, please!
    antone88bk@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Wrong Forum Axl!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    edwho wrote:
    Axle introduces a song called Madagascar as new also.

I've got a live copy of that song...very epic.

Sounds dated, but nevertheless.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    can someone just post it on http://www.yousendit.com
    theyll be up for 7 days and then we can alll here them.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    4 those of you who have them, can you send them to:
    edvedr13@hotmail.com

thx
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)