I finally bought 'Nebraska'

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited November 2005 in Other Music
Bruce Springsteen fans always tell me how amazing this album is. I finally got it recently and gave it a listen. I was very impressed with it, but it's still not my favourite.

Am i in the minority if The Rising is my favourite album? And The Ghost of Tom Joad.
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Give Nebraska a little more time. I liked it at first listen, but you'll find it ripens with each listen.

I don't particullary like the Rising, but Tom Joad is one of his best.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Tom Joad is OUTSTANDING.

Hang in there with Nebraska; your dedication will pay off.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Yeah I mean it's worth the purchase man.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Nebraska is pretty rad but the rising just isn't that great, simply put the two best records he has ever put out are Born to run and Darkness, in a way it's sad. I honestly think that the three album stretch from the Wild the Innocent and teh E Street Shuffle, Born to run, and Darkness are matched only by the first three Clash albums, R.E.M. from automatic through new adventures, Led Zep III through Phyisical Graffetti, and teh Replacements Let it Be/Tim/Pleased to Meet me. I know Pearl Jam should be on there but I want to say vs through no code but not huge on vitalogy, likewise take out Binaural and it work so you see it's tough
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    For me, Darkness on the Edge of Town tops the list.
    The Rising was so-so in my opinion, Further on up the Road is a great track, but much of the album is merely good, not great like much of Bruce's work from 1975-1984.
    This weekend we rock Portland