Options

Live - "The River" - new single...

uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
edited January 2006 in Other Music
If anyone is a fan of Live their new single is streaming at:

listentolive.com

The new album comes out on April 11th; I'm actually seeing Nickelback because of these guys...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    If anyone is a fan of Live their new single is streaming at:

listentolive.com

The new album comes out on April 11th; I'm actually seeing Nickelback because of these guys...

I was extremely disappointed in Live for deciding to tour with Nickelback. I have no clue as to why Ed Kowalczyck would tour with those guys. As for the band Live itself: I loved everything from "Mental Jewelry" all the way up to "V." I wasn't too big on Birds of Prey, and this new single...well, it's alright, but there's really nothing new with their sound. They'd still probably be great to see live, but it's a shame, because I heard that they are the ones opening for Nickelback...that's just a disgrace right there.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    I was extremely disappointed in Live for deciding to tour with Nickelback. I have no clue as to why Ed Kowalczyck would tour with those guys. As for the band Live itself: I loved everything from "Mental Jewelry" all the way up to "V." I wasn't too big on Birds of Prey, and this new single...well, it's alright, but there's really nothing new with their sound. They'd still probably be great to see live, but it's a shame, because I heard that they are the ones opening for Nickelback...that's just a disgrace right there.

New Live is a sleeper. Nickelback at least sells tickets. people might remember who they are when they play "Lightning Crashes".
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    well if nickelback toured with theory of a deadman or default they would just be the same band :P or they would cancel each other out im not too sure.
    so i guess they go for a different sound
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    really love this band..but The River is a poor single..too boring for me.
    hope the album isn't that way.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    glad i never listened to u guys.......yhiink it might have som potential
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    don't want to tread on anyone's toes but live are pure cheese and not in a good way!!!! imo.

why wouldn't they tour with nickelback???

it's all bland bush type post grunge anyway!
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    you can listen to i think 5 new songs from the new album on http://www.fansoflive.com they're live cuts but decent quality. the songs are called "show," "sofia," "the river," "mystery," and "love shines." ;)
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    you can listen to i think 5 new songs from the new album on http://www.fansoflive.com they're live cuts but decent quality. the songs are called "show," "sofia," "the river," "mystery," and "love shines." ;)
    thanks for the link!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    IMO, the best song called "The River" belongs to The Tea Party... what an amazing song.... Maybe I should listen to Live's version, but I'm not a big fan.. I only like a few of throwing copper..
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • Options
    live are or at least were an amazing band, any band that can produce songs like lakini's juice and selling the drama is doing something right. birds of pray wasen't so great and the river sounds just okay. i guess another album of the quality of throwing copper is just a pipe dream. still if they tour down here for this album i'll be there in a heartbeat.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    i absolutly looooved these guys first 4 albums mj tc ss thth are definatly on my ipod....v this was a major disappointment i felt they got away from what made them great....bop was ok i really liked lighthouse...the river eh i dont know im im listening to live or ryan cabrerra...but some of the other new one like show and sophia ROCK!
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412