25 worst hair metal bands

suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
edited June 2008 in Other Music
http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/32270/the-25-worst-hair-metal-bands

YEAH!!! Mr. Big, White Lion, Warrant, Europe, Skid Row, etc...They all suck!!! :mad:
scratching my butt...
kinakamot ang aking puwit...
me rascando pompis...
krap mijn reet...
boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
bahrosh teezy...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    (Insert name of any and every hair band here)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    nah, Sebastian Bach creams over the sea of bastards today(noel).
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    haha the write ups are awesome for each band, "bulletboys" fuckin garbage, i remember seeing pictures of them in old magazines, one dude was always extra posing w/ his pants button un-done, gaaaaaaaaaawd
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    elmer wrote:
    nah, Sebastian Bach creams over the sea of bastards today(noel).

He is doing so well for himself that he has to join washed up celebrity reality shows just to make a buck.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    fucking asia dude.

god that band is a disgrace.
    I also don't like Skid Row or Poison.

Motley Crue and Twisted Sister are cool though, I can dig em
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    fucking asia dude.

god that band is a disgrace.
    I also don't like Skid Row or Poison.

Motley Crue and Twisted Sister are cool though, I can dig em

The only good thing about Motley Crue is that they have girls get their tits out at the shows.........dont think that would worth a night of tolerating their music though.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    He is doing so well for himself that he has to join washed up celebrity reality shows just to make a buck.
    well he ain't got the inbred laddish Manc swearing 'top geezer' thing going on has he....
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The picture they had next to Mr. Big was freaking David Lee Roth's old band. C'mon, if you're gonna bash, get your shit together.
  • I love hair metal. I even loved Damnocracy, for everything except their name. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    This Yahoo guy takes a swipe at Pearl Jam

"These guys were around forever, putting out their debut album in the 1970s and somehow finding their groove during the '80s metal years. Granted, they named an album Ten, a full two years before Pearl Jam, so I guess we could call them influential. But staring at their oeuvre, the word "forgettable" seems to more easily apply."
  • This Yahoo guy takes a swipe at Pearl Jam

"These guys were around forever, putting out their debut album in the 1970s and somehow finding their groove during the '80s metal years. Granted, they named an album Ten, a full two years before Pearl Jam, so I guess we could call them influential. But staring at their oeuvre, the word "forgettable" seems to more easily apply."

I don't really see how that's a swipe at Pearl Jam. :confused:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    fucking asia dude.

Uhhh...since when has Asia been a hair metal band?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    This writer really has no clue. At all. Sure, it's easy to hate hair metal, but article was crap. Like the previous poster said - "Asia"?! In no way are they metal. And no Nelson?! They're at the top of like every "this is why hair metal sucked" shit list. Poison #1? Why, because they were the most popular of the true "hair metal" bands? Sorry, that's not a good enough reason. I'd say Poison were the best of the genre and the most representative. But I wouldn't lump Motley Crue in with Hair Metal either.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    suns rival wrote:
    http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/32270/the-25-worst-hair-metal-bands

YEAH!!! Mr. Big, White Lion, Warrant, Europe, Skid Row, etc...They all suck!!! :mad:

WTF. How is Dokken on this list, and listed as "worse" than fucking Trixter (which was a horrible hair band)? How is Whitesnake in the top 5 worst? How is Poison (arguably the leader of the genre) #1?

All four members of Dokken can play guitar & bass, and three of the four can sing (and very well). They all write. Nearly 30 years later they are still putting out new albums, supporting them with tours. How are they one of the worst ones?

This list should be called, "Hair metal sucks and these bands are shitty." It's one thing to not like hair metal, I get that. Does this writer even like hair metal at all? This list as "the worst hair metal" is just stupid.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fanch75 wrote:
    WTF. How is Dokken on this list, and listed as "worse" than fucking Trixter (which was a horrible hair band)? How is Whitesnake in the top 5 worst? How is Poison (arguably the leader of the genre) #1?

All four members of Dokken can play guitar & bass, and three of the four can sing (and very well). They all write. Nearly 30 years later they are still putting out new albums, supporting them with tours. How are they one of the worst ones?

This list should be called, "Hair metal sucks and these bands are shitty." It's one thing to not like hair metal, I get that. Does this writer even like hair metal at all? This list as "the worst hair metal" is just stupid.
    Because Dokken aren't just one of the worst hair bands ever but one of the worst bands, period. Breaking The Chains is bad enough to induce nightmares.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    sweet, this thread prompted me to dust off my Lizzy Borden albums.

Give 'em the Axe.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    transplant wrote:
    sweet, this thread prompted me to dust off my Lizzy Borden albums.

Give 'em the Axe.
    I love this. Good for you, transplant.

I feel like cranking some Skid Row.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • DocChicago wrote:
    I love this. Good for you, transplant.

I feel like cranking some Skid Row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-ibqYdDbU

Awesome song, whether you like hair metal or not.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    just like any list we here about here, I have to say I disagree with these picks;

Skidrow (remember Problem Child??)

Whitesnake (remember Still of the Night?)

Slaughter (remember Fly to the Angels? and he was a cutie I thought then)

Great White (c'mon!! Once Bit and Twice Shy is credible)

Lita Ford (duet with Ozzie, anyone? plus a guitar chick who can carry it off?)

Dokken (Freddy Kruger?)
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    (Insert name of any and every hair band here)

you must be a youngster........

back in the day, as they say, these hairbands were hot...........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • gabers wrote:
    The picture they had next to Mr. Big was freaking David Lee Roth's old band. C'mon, if you're gonna bash, get your shit together.

fuckin' a, gabers...you beat me to it. steve vai...way better than eddie van halen could ever hope to be. saw dlr live back in january of '87. tesla opened. had seats towards the back of the venue, but still got a hard-on when steve started wailing away on his axe. the guy's a-fuckin'-mazing.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    writersu wrote:
    you must be a youngster........

haha, i think you're right. :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
    suns rival wrote:
    haha, i think you're right. :D

why, thank you............

• sebastian bach is the best ,he is on tour now with poison and his new cd angel down kick a**.He performed in broadway productions (Jekill and Hyde he also played the role of Jesus in jesus christ superstar)and appeared in two tv series .he is a really great artist!
    Baz rules:)
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    As a teenager in the 80's - Hair bands were the majority of my music catalog. It was fun, it felt rebellious, and there were actually some great songs that those bands played. The hair metal scene was huge up until around 1990, and that's when bands like Firehouse, and Trixter started popping up and it all started turning into a big joke.

I look back fondly on the majority of those bands as a great memory and a time-stamp for an era. The music scene will never be like that again, and I'm grateful for being a fan of the genre in its heyday.

Those were some good times.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    mbangel10 wrote:
    As a teenager in the 80's - Hair bands were the majority of my music catalog. It was fun, it felt rebellious, and there were actually some great songs that those bands played. The hair metal scene was huge up until around 1990, and that's when bands like Firehouse, and Trixter started popping up and it all started turning into a big joke.

I look back fondly on the majority of those bands as a great memory and a time-stamp for an era. The music scene will never be like that again, and I'm grateful for being a fan of the genre in its heyday.

Those were some good times.

I was into that in my early 20's which makes me (I guess) older than you but as well enjoyed it when it was around .....

I admit the bands look really awkward when you look now at them but then it was hot........
    And yeah, there were posers then as well as now, but some of the music was good.....

still, I know the article was talking about the worse hair bands not whether or not metal was good; sorry to offshoot here........

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-ibqYdDbU

Awesome song, whether you like hair metal or not.

I agree that as time went on, they became a pretty credible band. Sure, the first album is a product of its time, but by the time they got to "Subhuman Race", they certainly were not a "hair" metal band.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,991
    I'm sorry but Poison still f'n rocks- I agree with some of this list, but Poison #1- BS
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    You folks who like the "hair metal" genre should pick up the new Dokken, Lightning Strikes Again. It smokes and I guarantee it won't disappoint. It just gets better with each listen and there is a good selection of fast driving tunes, mid-tempo, and two ballads (Don was always a good ballad writer). Of the ballads, they aren't the "power ballad" type but sound like Dokken yet modern at the same time.

The new Whitesnake is good too.....and still am sinking my teeth into the new double-CD from Judas Priest.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • How is the new Judas Priest, franch75 ?

btw, "Too high to fly" is the most recent Dokken song I have heard and it's badass.

speaking as a child of the 80's.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down