Options

The Fray?

know1know1 Posts: 6,763
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I have really been down on new music for several years now, but I happened to hear a song this weekend that really intrigued me. It was "Over My Head" by the Fray.

Does anyone else like that or have any opinions on any of their other work?
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I've only heard that one song...I've noticed a lot of their shows sell out fast though.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I've heard a second one now. It's good, but not as good as that song.

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    MD just added the song into rotation at the radio station I work at on the weekend.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I have really been down on new music for several years now, but I happened to hear a song this weekend that really intrigued me. It was "Over My Head" by the Fray.

Does anyone else like that or have any opinions on any of their other work?

I've got their album, its pretty good. Most of the stuff is rather upbeat. The end of the CD drags a bit, but the first half of the CD is really pretty good.
  • Options
    J_Ride99J_Ride99 Posts: 27
    I saw them open for Weezer/The Pixies last summer. I never heard of them going in but was pleasently suprised. Really good new band...I would check them out again if they cam a little closer.

J
    I Will Stare The Sun Down Until My Eyes Go Blind

Kitchener (09/11/05), Toronto (9/19/05), St. John's (09/24/05), St. John's (09/25/05), Toronto (05/09/06), Toronto (05/10/06), Pittsburgh (06/23/06)
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'll probably buy the CD.

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I actually saw them open for Ben Folds earlier this year, sat front row, and met the band afterwards. Never heard of them before, and then two months later all my friends have their album and are talking about them. Then I see them on TV, one of the top sellers on iTunes, and now here. Kind of weird...

I find them kind of repetative and boring, but they're fairly good.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08