Options

third eye blind

tucker carlsontucker carlson Posts: 66
edited January 2006 in Other Music
anyone know what eddies rant about this band was all about?..if my memory serves me correct they only had one album out at the time and were trying to make it big like most bands do with their first release
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    they are pretty shitty, thats MY rant!!! not ed's....
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Funny you ask, I was just reading about this today on the sky i scrape FAQ section.

Here is what they say:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/faq/index.php

5.3 What is Pearl Jam's connection with Stephan Jenkins?
    He got in a fuss after Ed ambiguously alluded to a bunch of "Corporate Cocksuckers" trying to cover "Baba O'Riley" at the MSG show 9/11/98. This was in reference to Third Eye Blind's cover of The Who's "Baba O'Riley" on a TV program the night before. Stephan Jenkins (lead singer of 3rd eye blind) caught word of this and began whining about it in several interviews. The Stephan Jenkins website later claimed that the American Music Awards were rigged, that 3eb was on the ballot but PJ was read because 3eb changed some lyrics to "can I masturbate" during their performance at the awards show. All BS of course, again someone looking for attention. From recent interviews it seems that Ed has talked to Jenkins about the situation and apologized, but Jenkins continues to whine about it.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i like those idiots.

what does that say about me?
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    Funny you ask, I was just reading about this today on the sky i scrape FAQ section.

Here is what they say:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/faq/index.php

5.3 What is Pearl Jam's connection with Stephan Jenkins?
    He got in a fuss after Ed ambiguously alluded to a bunch of "Corporate Cocksuckers" trying to cover "Baba O'Riley" at the MSG show 9/11/98. This was in reference to Third Eye Blind's cover of The Who's "Baba O'Riley" on a TV program the night before. Stephan Jenkins (lead singer of 3rd eye blind) caught word of this and began whining about it in several interviews. The Stephan Jenkins website later claimed that the American Music Awards were rigged, that 3eb was on the ballot but PJ was read because 3eb changed some lyrics to "can I masturbate" during their performance at the awards show. All BS of course, again someone looking for attention. From recent interviews it seems that Ed has talked to Jenkins about the situation and apologized, but Jenkins continues to whine about it.

That's not true at all...Jenkins has praised PJ various times since they made up. He even thought it how cool it would be to cover a PJ song someday because he admires their work so much.....

I think Ed realized he was wrong, and just let it go....I mean, who's he to call 3EB corporate cocksuckers, when the song they are singing (Baba)has been distributed from everything ranging from commercials to movies to soundtracks etc by The WHO (and specifically Ed's hero Pete Townsend ) themselves....it just comes off as hypocritical.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    That's not true at all...Jenkins has praised PJ various times since they made up. He even thought it how cool it would be to cover a PJ song someday because he admires their work so much.....

I think Ed realized he was wrong, and just let it go....I mean, who's he to call 3EB corporate cocksuckers, when the song they are singing (Baba)has been distributed from everything ranging from commercials to movies to soundtracks etc by The WHO (and specifically Ed's hero Pete Townsend ) themselves....it just comes off as hypocritical.

Not sure about the whining part, but it says at the top of the FAQ section at TSIS that it was last updated on February 4, 2003. Maybe it's gotten better since then? I dunno...
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    you can tell just by looking at the singers face that he is an a**hole, they are not sweet guys, they are jerks who want money and fame and to have sex with teenage girls.... they are not good people.
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    i like those idiots.

what does that say about me?

don't know much about these guys but i have to say i'm feeling the song "jumper" big time.....guess i'm a total idiot as well
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    don't know much about these guys but i have to say i'm feeling the song "jumper" big time.....guess i'm a total idiot as well
    It's cool. Like whoever you want to :)

but check out jumpers by sleater-kinney from the woods album... That is a really cool song! :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I always thought they had some catchy tunes, but was never really huge on 3EB.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    you can tell just by looking at the singers face that he is an a**hole, they are not sweet guys, they are jerks who want money and fame and to have sex with teenage girls.... they are not good people.

whats wrong with wanting to be the biggest band in the world???
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I like 3EB too. I think their first and second albums are great. Their third has a few decent tracks. I've seen them live at least twice and they put on a good show.

I mean, can't anyone cover anyone's song they want? I have a version of Jimmy Eat World doing Prodigy's "Firestarter" and its damn good, slowed down, but good. And wasn't everyone in a tizzy when Maroon 5 did "RITFW" at Live 8? Who cares.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    I like 3EB too. I think their first and second albums are great. Their third has a few decent tracks. I've seen them live at least twice and they put on a good show.

I mean, can't anyone cover anyone's song they want? I have a version of Jimmy Eat World doing Prodigy's "Firestarter" and its damn good, slowed down, but good. And wasn't everyone in a tizzy when Maroon 5 did "RITFW" at Live 8? Who cares.

I agree.
    Is Pearl Jam the only band allowed to cover The Who because of Ed and Pete'e friendship. Of course not. Third Eye Blind most likely were inspired by The Who as well so whats wrong with them covering Baba. I think it's great when popular bands cover great songs of the past!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    my husband took me to see 3eb and then I liked them.
    stephan jenkins came out in the audience about 6 seats away from my husband at merriweather in columbia, md. talk about a cutie, then,...he's chunky now.
    3eb toured with skanky vanessa carlton and the goo goo dolls.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    my husband took me to see 3eb and then I liked them.
    stephan jenkins came out in the audience about 6 seats away from my husband at merriweather in columbia, md. talk about a cutie, then,...he's chunky now.
    3eb toured with skanky vanessa carlton and the goo goo dolls.

is vanessa carlton skanky?.....only seen once in a cheesy video
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    is vanessa carlton skanky?.....only seen once in a cheesy video

i guess they got caught in traffic before the show, her hair was dirty! she had to perform all sweaty. let me tell you, my earplugs were insufficient that night, they did not filter her out well enough, she hurt my ears. she took a shower, i guess, because she looked cleaner when she came out and sang a duet with johnny rezniak at the end. i don't like her :D
    i heard she was poking both stephan jenkins and johnny rezniak.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    iluvcats wrote:
    i guess they got caught in traffic before the show, her hair was dirty! she had to perform all sweaty. let me tell you, my earplugs were insufficient that night, they did not filter her out well enough, she hurt my ears. she took a shower, i guess, because she looked cleaner when she came out and sang a duet with johnny rezniak at the end. i don't like her :D
    i heard she was poking both stephan jenkins and johnny rezniak.

porking?....