ZOSO: The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience

googoo Posts: 226
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Maybe some of you already know who I'm talking about. I saw these guys for the second time in a year last night in Nashville at the Exit/In. I could go all day raving about them, so I have to randomly pick something to say about them. They are IT in terms of a Zeppelin tribute act. They played a 2 1/2 hour set last night starting around 11, and my God, I don't think I've ever rocked myself so hard before. I just about threw my head off my own shoulders it had me going that much. They have to be some of the most talented musicians doing this kind of thing. I was talking to a few people last night who said they after seeing the real band back when they were together, seeing these guys is just like the real thing, if not actually BETTER some of them said. Led Zeppelin has been gone for 25 years now, but these guys are the perfect replacement. They give the younger generation a chance to see what we missed out on since we probably weren't around in the '70s. You've never heard someone sound and move like Robert Plant like the guy they have, and did I mention the rest of the band?? The guy playing lead guitar would make the one and only Jimmy Page give him a standing ovation, and the drummer would make Bonzo nothing less than proud. The bassist was wonderful as well. If you close your eyes, you swear you've been taken back in time and are standing before the real gods of rock. If you slightly open them and see them in a blur, it's almost scary how much they look like the real band. I know you can imagine some cheesy knock-off posers trying to replicate a Zeppelin act, but you feel like you're at a legit concert when experiencing this. Not only do they sound identical, they look the part without even trying. Any of you who have seen this band knows what I'm talking about. They've been doing this for 10 years and have played some 17,000 shows I'm told. I mean, these guys could take this thing to somewhere like Vegas, but they stick to playing in smaller clubs and venues at a fair price...... they way it should be. If you're a casual fan of Led Zeppelin and ever hear of ZOSO playing anywhere near you, I insist that you go because you WILL be converted into a hardcore fan when it's over. I'm still pretty much speechless and will have to take the week off from listening to music while the ringing in my ears goes away.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    sounds interesting..even better than the real thing?(woo U2 reference!) I doubt it but it still seems cool. You have a setlist?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • googoo Posts: 226
    I'll have to remember the best I can...... everything is a blur when you're having a great time.

Rock and Roll
    Wanton Song
    Ramble On
    Celebration Day
    Heartbreaker
    Black Dog
    Immigrant Song
    The Lemon Song/then kicked into Bring It On Home
    What Is and What Never Should Be
    Misty Mountain Hop
    The Ocean
    Over the Hills and Far Away
    The Song Remains the Same
    Going To California
    No Quarter
    In My Time of Dying (the drummer proved that he IS Bonzo reborn during this one!!)
    Stairway To Heaven
    Whole Lotta Love

The songs towards the middle may not be in the correct order, but for the most part it is. If you think this setlist sounds good, imagine being there to actually hear it!!

http://www.zosoontour.com
  • i have seen them 3 times. they are incredible. if they come through your area DO NOT miss them.