New Darkness CD

bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,026
edited November 2005 in Other Music
...will really surprise people....they now are Queen.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    As the self-proclaimed "Biggest Queen Fan" on the board, I'd have to say they are getting close. I can't say that I am not happy to see it happen, because the current Queen+Paul Rodgers tour is horrible. Paul Rodgers is no replacement for Freddie and they should not even be using the Queen name. In fact, I wouldn't have any problems with The Darkness changing thier name to Queen. At least they carry on the spirit and sound.
  • that guy has a bigger range than Freddy!

amazing.

the music and writing is just okay.. but the performance is quite good :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I love them. Just listened to the new album on Myspace the other day. Not bad, but i still prefer the first album.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Yah that first album was spectacular for what it was.

They changed to much. They aren't pearl jam, nobody is lookin for evolution. We want rock!!!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • i love the first album but i also love this new album.the music definately goes off into a more "queen-like" style and it rules....the 1st album was more balls out rock but the new one has such great melody and justin's voice is just amazing.can't wait to pick it up at the store tomorrow!!!!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Oh god, I really do not believe I'm reading this, I mean ok, some of you may like them and you think they are awesome, that's fine, it's all opinion. But the new Queen? Please at least be measured when your making a statement about how good they are. They are never ever gonna be a scratch on Queen, they are overratted enough as it is. Justins head is so far up his own ass he wears himself as a hat.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    Oh god, I really do not believe I'm reading this, I mean ok, some of you may like them and you think they are awesome, that's fine, it's all opinion. But the new Queen? Please at least be measured when your making a statement about how good they are. They are never ever gonna be a scratch on Queen, they are overratted enough as it is. Justins head is so far up his own ass he wears himself as a hat.

PEACE
    a-nobody overrates them.their fans speak highly of them but no media outlet has ever overrated them.
    b-like them or not they have tremendous talent.justin's vocal range is right up there with freddie.justin and dan's guitar work is certainly nothing you can ignore either.
    c-the guy was right before when he said he'd rather the darkness call themselves queen rather than that sad excuse that is trying to go on without freddie.i've heard them play and it's awful.there is no queen without freddie.at least justin sounds more like freddie than paul rogers does.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    bluemonkey wrote:
    a-nobody overrates them.their fans speak highly of them but no media outlet has ever overrated them.
    b-like them or not they have tremendous talent.justin's vocal range is right up there with freddie.justin and dan's guitar work is certainly nothing you can ignore either.
    c-the guy was right before when he said he'd rather the darkness call themselves queen rather than that sad excuse that is trying to go on without freddie.i've heard them play and it's awful.there is no queen without freddie.at least justin sounds more like freddie than paul rogers does.

a- "They are the saviours of rock" - Kerrang!
    b- I agree they have talent, however they make shite music, they are merely a bunch of plagiarists, getting credit for copying almost to a T, and poorly I may add, the original ground breaking music of bands like Queen.
    c- I'm just going to be blunt here. YOU ARE WRONG. I have seen the Darkness live, they suck, Justin struggled to sound like he did in the studio. I have also seen Queen with Paul Rodgers and he was fantastic, not like Freddy but he was spell binding.

The Darkness are a fad, much like a match they burnt brightly for a short time only to shrivel up and go out.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07