Options

Dredg

AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
edited April 2006 in Other Music
If you haven't heard this band yet, they are a must hear.

They'll be in DC next month. I saw them in November... an incredible show in a small venue. Dredg is one of the great unknown to mainstream bands. But they are known among musicians.

New bands list them as an influence. It's surprising considering the lack of exposure and that they've not been around for very long.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've been into Dredg for a good three years now. I was fortunate enough to see them a couple of months ago at Bowery Ballroom. They put on a good show.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    they have a really good sound. I like them a lot
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I've been into Dredg for a good three years now. I was fortunate enough to see them a couple of months ago at Bowery Ballroom. They put on a good show.

me too! and i found out about them from a pearl jam fan. just like i found out about porcupine tree and many, many other great bands.

:D

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    I talked myself into the show. God, I'm an easy lay.

; )

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    What do they sound like? I'll have to look 'em up.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Dredg is good stuff. Their last album was quite enjoyable
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    I love Dredg, hope they come back to Orlando soon.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    What do they sound like? I'll have to look 'em up.

well... each album is different. the first was guitars and guitars and guitars. and drums and drums and drums and some keys, buried vocals. Brilliant and hard driving. I've never played that CD for someone and had them dislike it

the next one, el cielo is a masterpiece. it's indescribable. uhm,... who do they sound like? they sound like dredg. really. and are influencing other bands in their area in a big way. this is a more mature album.

both of these albums work as complete entities. they're concept works and that approach is brilliant.

the next album well... as their friends say on their own web site, the band was under pressure to produce a more commercial album, so the elements that tie songs together, the cohesive ... experimental aspect is gone in favor of more radio friendly tracks. It's not successful as an album but these songs are wonderful by themselves and in a live setting will have audiences staggering back asking who the fuck is this, I HAVE to get their music!

the lead singer has a great tenor. his voice is very singular though you wouldn't know from the first album. in the 2nd and 3rd, the vocals are critical elements of the music. the drummer plays keyboards and the singer will play the horn, but not how one might cringe in a rock setting. they make it work.

if i wasn't recording something for somone, i'd play them right now as talking about them makes me want them. LOL.

oh, i'm so happy to be going to this show.

one of the best bands around.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    DUH

http://www.myspace.com/dredg

the first song, stone by stone should have been on the last album but the fucking record company fucking SUCKS. this is really representative of what they're capable of... so... this is what I mean when i say they sound like dredg.

God, I love this band.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    oh yeah, and the remaining tracks are incredible live. gotta check them out too.

Aless

Tell them.