Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Dang, double post. :S
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    Okay, I have been thinking about this young man and checking his myspace page from time to time - hoping to get good news.

The only lead we had so far was on that homeless man but nothing seemed to pan out?

If he's really hiding out - I hope he does not feel sucidical, especially to many people knowing about his problem. If that is the case, I hope he knows that it is OK and evereyone would be very happy to hug him and a few might slap him in the face later. Regardless of anything, I hope he at least lets someone know he's OK and alive.

But since I'm slanting towards to bad vibes - that something DID happen to him.

I looked at his myspace and it shows that he just recently joined.

I'm wondering if the CrimeStoppers took the time to look at all IP addresses visited to his page prior to his disappearance to rule out any stalkers?

I would do that if it were my child...I'd want all the IP addresses checked out and question everyone just to rule them out as suspects.

Have they done that yet?

It's going on too long...and that is not good.

Even if he's alive, it is not good for his mentality in this condition for so long.

I hope you come home soon, Brian.
    ~Q Magazine

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    man this is awful. everynight before i go to bed i pray for him to return home safe.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• heusenheusen Posts: 36
    the guy logged in to myspace on 5/1/2006.. maybe he was stressed out with medical school and wanted to leave the scene for a while?
    markpregen wrote:
    the guy logged in to myspace on 5/1/2006.. maybe he was stressed out with medical school and wanted to leave the scene for a while?

If you read the posts, it was his family/friends who logged in on his myspace page.

It wasn't him.

I wish it was.
    ~Q Magazine

• heusenheusen Posts: 36
    here's hoping he doesn't show up on http://www.mydeathspace.com
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    I apologize for the short notice, but Dateline (NBC) is doing a feature on him tonight.

Dateline usually airs on NBC at 7 PM Sunday nights, check local listings to be exactly sure.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I apologize for the short notice, but Dateline (NBC) is doing a feature on him tonight.

Dateline usually airs on NBC at 7 PM Sunday nights, check local listings to be exactly sure.

:( I missed it.

I don't watch TV, so I wouldn't have known anything about it.

How much did they cover about him?
    ~Q Magazine

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I'm copying and pasting this from his girlfriends myspace page. Makes me sad..........but we've all got to be hopeful!!

Heart Arrhythmias and Pearl Jam
    Current mood: sad

It was another one of those days that Brian should have been with me. I had to go to training for advanced cardiac life support today, which Brian should have already gone through last week. When I was studying the different heart rhythms and what you are supposed to do to treat them, all I could think about was the last time I studied this it was with Brian. He would have been helping me to learn all of this tonight. At least I have something I can throw myself into that is relevant to what I am going to do for the rest of my life. The other thing I am going to be facing in the coming weeks is whether or not I have to go through and cancel certain things for Brian. In May, we are supposed to go and see Pearl Jam in concert. As many people know from his tatoo, he LOVES Pearl Jam! He's told me a million times that the first time he heard the song "Jeremy", he knew he loved music, and he knows every song by heart. He had just started to really introduce me to all of Pearl Jam's music so, as Brian said, I could be prepared for the best concert of my life! Brian is all set up to take step 1 of the national board exam. That is the test we have to pass to go on to our third year of medical school, and it is also the test that helps determine where we do our residency after school. Not to mention what to tell his landlord about how long we want to hang on to his apartment. How can you cancel things like that? It makes me feel like I'm giving up somehow. Just like canceling our trip to Florida that first full day we knew he had disappeared. It breaks my heart to know how many people are facing decisions and deadlines like this. The world is just so unfair sometimes. There is absolutely nothing that I want to do more than go and scream for Eddie Vedder and the gang with Brian by my side
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • whatevermanwhateverman Posts: 71
    I would sure hope they get some news on this situation soon, it would be just a nightmare to have to deal with this everyday with no answers! It makes my fucked up situations in life look like they are not as bad as they seem to be somedays!
    Rapid City 98
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    PJPixie wrote:
    I'm copying and pasting this from his girlfriends myspace page. Makes me sad..........but we've all got to be hopeful!!

Heart Arrhythmias and Pearl Jam
    Current mood: sad

It was another one of those days that Brian should have been with me. I had to go to training for advanced cardiac life support today, which Brian should have already gone through last week. When I was studying the different heart rhythms and what you are supposed to do to treat them, all I could think about was the last time I studied this it was with Brian. He would have been helping me to learn all of this tonight. At least I have something I can throw myself into that is relevant to what I am going to do for the rest of my life. The other thing I am going to be facing in the coming weeks is whether or not I have to go through and cancel certain things for Brian. In May, we are supposed to go and see Pearl Jam in concert. As many people know from his tatoo, he LOVES Pearl Jam! He's told me a million times that the first time he heard the song "Jeremy", he knew he loved music, and he knows every song by heart. He had just started to really introduce me to all of Pearl Jam's music so, as Brian said, I could be prepared for the best concert of my life! Brian is all set up to take step 1 of the national board exam. That is the test we have to pass to go on to our third year of medical school, and it is also the test that helps determine where we do our residency after school. Not to mention what to tell his landlord about how long we want to hang on to his apartment. How can you cancel things like that? It makes me feel like I'm giving up somehow. Just like canceling our trip to Florida that first full day we knew he had disappeared. It breaks my heart to know how many people are facing decisions and deadlines like this. The world is just so unfair sometimes. There is absolutely nothing that I want to do more than go and scream for Eddie Vedder and the gang with Brian by my side

That's so sad.

I haven't posted in this thread, but I've been folowing it. I wish I'd seen the post about Dateline sooner. I missed it too. I hope maybe someone who watched the show tonight has seen or heard something that will help his girlfriend and his family find out what happened.

I hope he's safe. It's been such a long time now.
  • the whole segment they did is on the dateline site in the video gallery

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

can only view it with internet explorer
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    the whole segment they did is on the dateline site in the video gallery

Thanks. I'll watch it tomorrow.
    the whole segment they did is on the dateline site in the video gallery

Thanks! I'll watch it later today.

I am so sorry to Brian's girlfriend who is having a hard time.

I hope we will get some clues and good news soon.
    ~Q Magazine

• nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Wow. That is fucked up.

It's very troubling that there is no videotape of him leaving the bar. Very odd.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • I hope Brian is okay. I lived in C-bus last year and it seems like someone always goes missing at least once a year, and always close to campus, very weird.

My thoughts go out to his family and girlfriend, keep us updated please!
    swallow this drug, it's a medicine hug, to turn your brain on. - Gallery
    www.myspace.com/galleryrockmusic
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Saw the story on Dateline last night (at least I'm thinking it was the same guy). I hope his friends and family stay strong. We're here for you guys.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    sorry to hear there's still no update

it amazes me how people just disappear. There was a couple from Philly that left a bar on South street over a year ago and haven't been seen since. How do you just disappear like that? It's eerie.

I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Saw the story on Dateline last night (at least I'm thinking it was the same guy). I hope his friends and family stay strong. We're here for you guys.
    Hey, good morning, can you give me a few details as to what the broadcast was about? Was the story just about him? Did they mention he was a fan? Just curious, I missed it
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I know it would be a pain in the ass, but wouldn't it make sence that who ever else is never on video leaving the bar might be someone to talk to? We may be talking about 300+ people but if you have video of everyone entering also leaving except a few it might narrow down the people of interest?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    Woah. It's not like I'm saying "Good, I'm glad he's missing."

I'm just saying...he's not the only missing person out there and he's probably not the only one who is a big fan.

People here might know other missing people, but I don't see it being talked about.

well, we can't save the whole world, but maybe someone here has seen this guy, or knows him, and can help in this one instance. that's the point, i believe. one less missing person is still ONE LESS MISSING PERSON.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9195923/detail.html

Thieves broke into three apartments in the building, including Shaffer's.

It was unclear whether the break-in had anything to do with Shaffer's disappearance, Anderson reported.

"It would be nice if it had something to do with Brian missing. I don't know for sure if it did, but I don't count on anything right now," said Randy Shaffer, the missing student's father.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Thanks for the update, Lost In Ohio. :(

I feel for his dad...he's been through a lot.

I was wondering if I should have a T-shirt with his face for the Cleveland show?

I don't know if that would help or not...but at least it would tell his family/friends we're thinking about him and hoping for his safe return.

:(
    ~Q Magazine

• riantLoVEsuriantLoVEsu Posts: 74
    Mine, that might not be a such a bad idea. I have not kept up with this (suppose i should but I have a too much shit going on here) but maybe if he shows up at a concert somebody will recognize him? (now watch he's been found or dead and I didnt read it? -- well i hope not so anyway)'

johnny, i wanna blow you....blow u away.....~~ by POE -favorite of the day today :)
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    IamMine wrote:
    Thanks for the update, Lost In Ohio. :(

I feel for his dad...he's been through a lot.

I was wondering if I should have a T-shirt with his face for the Cleveland show?

I don't know if that would help or not...but at least it would tell his family/friends we're thinking about him and hoping for his safe return.

:(

I think that's a great idea!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    I think if we get everyone to wear shirts with his face on it.. and wear them to the shows.. this would really help out and let his Dad know we are thinking of him.
    I'll send his girlfriend a message on myspace... and ask her if it's alright that we do this.

And if there's anything else she would like to add on the t-shirt.

I'd have to ask someone how to do this - making a t-shirt.

My dad knows how to iron on a t-shirt, but I don't like how it looks "sticky" or cracks if you are not careful with it.

But whatever works, I'd do it.
    ~Q Magazine

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    you can take a photo in to one of those t shirt places where they do embroidery and laser on the photo or how ever they do it... and they will do it for you.. it's not that expensive.. just buy a cheap fruit of the loom t shirt.. and bring it with you.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    IamMine wrote:
    I'll send his girlfriend a message on myspace... and ask her if it's alright that we do this.

And if there's anything else she would like to add on the t-shirt.

I'd have to ask someone how to do this - making a t-shirt.

My dad knows how to iron on a t-shirt, but I don't like how it looks "sticky" or cracks if you are not careful with it.

But whatever works, I'd do it.
    this sounds like a good idea.
    i suggest you check with the guy's dad to see if he is ok with the t-shirt idea
    Alexis, Brian's girlfriend, thought this was a great idea and showed her appreciation.

She stated that they had made T-shirts a long time ago, but now it contains old information on rewards.

They still have some large ones left (pretty huge, according to her), if we were interested.

She would contact Crimestoppers and see if they can help us with t-shirts.

She wanted to know how many would be interested in the t-shirts.

They were supposed to go to the Detroit show and she doesn't know what to do with his 10c tickets...I directed her to info@tenclub.net and told her they'd help her out.

Anyone want to do a seperate thread to get a general idea of how many t-shirts would be needed?

Thanks.
    ~Q Magazine