8/20/00
6/22/03
10/2/04
8/5/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    Im super excited about this. I loved his first record and look forward to the first outing with the 400 Unit on record. He has a new song on his myspace page now.
  • Options
    No shit! I'm glad you posted! Something to look forward to!
    Dude has one of the coolest voices I've heard in a long time
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    unfortunately im not too thrilled on the first new song after one listen. hopefully it grows on me.
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Options
    The first song not so much, but Sunstroke sounds awesome!!! Link has a preview to the album......

http://www.lightningrodrecords.com/musicplayerisbell.html
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Damn fine live band. :cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I'm also not particularly digging the song streaming on his myspace, but those clips linked above are quite good. I think it'll be a solid record.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I really like Sirens of the Ditch, but I don't find myself going back to the songs the way I do on some of his DBT work.

Jason is a great song-writer. I would be interested in knowing what kind of collaborations he had with the rest of DBT when crafting the songs he wrote for them.

I guess what I'm getting at...is he ready to go out on his own as a songwriter or is he better being a part of the sum.

Live? There's no question, he tears it up on stage. Plus, he's a down-to-earth guy. He's usually in the crowd watching the opening band, so a friendly exchange of pleasantries among the fans isn't uncommon.

So, yes, I am looking forward to the disc...not as excited as I was about his first album, but with curiosity.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I really like Sirens of the Ditch, but I don't find myself going back to the songs the way I do on some of his DBT work.

Jason is a great song-writer. I would be interested in knowing what kind of collaborations he had with the rest of DBT when crafting the songs he wrote for them.

I guess what I'm getting at...is he ready to go out on his own as a songwriter or is he better being a part of the sum.

Live? There's no question, he tears it up on stage. Plus, he's a down-to-earth guy. He's usually in the crowd watching the opening band, so a friendly exchange of pleasantries among the fans isn't uncommon.

So, yes, I am looking forward to the disc...not as excited as I was about his first album, but with curiosity.

PBM

I'm with you, although my thoughts are a little different. I love Jason and yes he's great live, but I don't love the band he's with. The guitarist he plays with is great, but I'm not a bif fan of the rhythm section (drums and bass).

I was hoping he'd upgrade his band for the new album, but I'm guessing he's staying with the same guys. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    That cover of Psycho Killer is amazing...and Jason doesn't even sing lead on it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org