Options

Blind Melon--Soup, Hidden Song?

vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I just read a quick FAQ on Blind Melon, and one of the entries was this:

Q: How do you listen to the hidden song on Soup?

A: Your cd player needs to have a rewind button on it (not the button that rewinds back to the previous song but rewinds during the same song). As soon as the cd starts, hit the rewind button until it gets to -2:24 and let it play. If you have it on cassette, it is just at the beginning of the tape though.

Can anyone tell me anything about this? I'll probably check it out when I get home today, but I was curious if anyone knew anything off the top of their heads.
AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Yes it's very weird. Try it. Great album.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    The mp3s I have of it are called 'Before One', which I suppose makes some sense. Not sure if that's considered the actual title or not.

I say mp3s because I have two versions, one normal and one 'in reverse'. The 'normal' version is as you'd hear it on the CD, which actually sounds like a song with Shannon singing nonsense. 'In Reverse' is playing the thing backwards, so the song sounds like nonsense but Shannon's lyrics are decipherable.

HTH.