Options

Hate for the RHCP...I admit I'm lost...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I just don't understand it.

First can I explain how I got into the Chili Peppers so you can understand my viewpoint. I was 15 and pretty new to music. I was sitting in my youth wing when all of a sudden this beautiful song came on. I'd never heard anything that soundede so simultaniously beautiful, melancholic and uplifting. This song was Scar Tissue by a band called the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have loved them ever since. To me from that point onwards they've gone from strength to strength. By The Way is still such a beautiful listen to me. Just last night I sat with it blasting out on headphones, 'Dosed', 'Dont Forget Me', 'Minor Thing', all to me superb songs.

And now Dani California, a wicked tune. Laid back funky verses combined with that rocking chorus, its fucking ace and sounds like summer. I guess thats the way I've always viewed the Chilis. Uplifting soulful and summery.

The minute RHCP started writing great pure uplifting soulful pop songs (Californication) everyone starts moaning and clutching their copies of the TRULY overated Mother's Milk and declaring sellouts. Bollocks to that.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    theyll always be good.. i think post BSSM theyve become a more predictable band...

not groundbreaking anymore...u wont go "whoa"..but just like the strokes..theyre solid..not great..but solid.

its their earlier stuff that MAY make them legendary
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006