Options

anyone? Taste of Chaos March 3?

WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Is anyone hear going to Continetal Airlines arena this Friday?
I am. I can't wait. I want to see what the other bands sound like but I am specially there for the Deftones. Has anyone attended the any shows in the past few weeks?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    can't help you much other than say check out Pelican. I contemplated getting a ticket for that show just to see them again.
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Saw Taste last Tue, very awesome show, but be prepared there are no breaks between bands, it's constant music for 7 hrs

Deftones-Sound better than anytime in their career, new stuff is really heavy & a bit different for them, much tighter as a band.

Thrice-Steals the show, maybe because they are so different after so many straight hardcore & metalcore acts, they kinda mellow things out some but not too much.

Story of the Year-Bubble gum band on album, incredible performers really fun live act, was very suprised with them.

Atreyu-The screamer guy actually sounds better live, & the singer/drummer can't sing & play very well, but they are fun live also.

As I Lay Dying-Serious grinding here, you may get sick of the double bass, but the drummer is awesome

Funeral For A Friend-Very good, but too early & the lack of a crowd set the tone for them.

As for the smaller bands, the lineup changes often so be careful if your going to see any of them, or if you want to see Thursday, they are only playing the dates in Canada.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    goto_l wrote:
    Thrice-Steals the show, maybe because they are so different after so many straight hardcore & metalcore acts, they kinda mellow things out some but not too much.

I have class the night Taste of Chaos is in my area, so I can't go and am not happy about it! Thrice is definitely a show stealer. I have seen them four times over the last year and a half. Incredible band. Incredible live show. And the new material from Vheissu sounds fantastic live.

I love that Taste of Chaos is non-stop music. Definite bang for your buck.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    goto_l wrote:
    Saw Taste last Tue, very awesome show, but be prepared there are no breaks between bands, it's constant music for 7 hrs

Deftones-Sound better than anytime in their career, new stuff is really heavy & a bit different for them, much tighter as a band.

Story of the Year-Bubble gum band on album, incredible performers really fun live act, was very suprised with them.

Atreyu-The screamer guy actually sounds better live, & the singer/drummer can't sing & play very well, but they are fun live also.

As I Lay Dying-Serious grinding here, you may get sick of the double bass, but the drummer is awesome

Funeral For A Friend-Very good, but too early & the lack of a crowd set the tone for them.

As for the smaller bands, the lineup changes often so be careful if your going to see any of them, or if you want to see Thursday, they are only playing the dates in Canada.

I am so hyped up to see the band again. I hope they get to play some of their last album material. last time they were here in NYC, they played more of their old stuff which was a great setlist but I would like to hear Neddles and Pins and Battle-axe...I still have not heard Knife Prty...I hope they play that.

For the other bands..I've heard that song from Thrice the Red sky( I think)
    I like it...I even heard the sample with chino..it was good. The others I have no clue...but will receive them with open arms...
    I am so excited.

Was it chaotic in the front?
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    I have class the night Taste of Chaos is in my area, so I can't go and am not happy about it! Thrice is definitely a show stealer. I have seen them four times over the last year and a half. Incredible band. Incredible live show. And the new material from Vheissu sounds fantastic live.

I love that Taste of Chaos is non-stop music. Definite bang for your buck.

Oh man... I am sorry to hear that...there is no other city near you that you can attend?