Options

I Name a Song, You Recommend Others

eCioeCio Posts: 23
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I'll start by saying that after a long time of loving PJ and considering them my #1 for a long time they went down to #2 some time ago, but when i'm thinking about it I realize they never did went down... they are still my prime example of how to be perfect band when I'm trying to describe one, when I'm looking for meaningful lyrics i'm looking on a PJ song first.

My #2/#1 is John Frusciante... and I think they are standing on the same level.

OK, recntly I found out that I love specific songs of several artists and I want some more of the same style, and I need you to recommend me.

Here is the list:

1> Mr. Bungle - "Non Of Them Knew They Were Robots", "Retrovertigo", "Sweet Charity", "Pink Cigarate"

2> Stone Temple Pilots - "Atlanta" (Yes, I know this is a Doorsy tune... I want more songs like it which are not the Doors... I have all the Doors)

3> Serart - The more Melodic song of it, although the rythmemic parts are great as well.

4> Screaming Trees - Uncle Anesthesia, I LOVE THIS ALBUM!! IT IS SO HEADY!

5> Twilight Singers - "As Played by..." stuff like this

6> I really really like CCR

Thanks to eveybody who contribute!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    if you like ccr, pick up a 'my morning jacket' album... maybe 'it still moves.' there's a thread down the way about it. but they've definitely got a great southern reverb groove and great songwriting.

sadly, im not familiar with any of the others so i cant help you out.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    eCio wrote:

1> Mr. Bungle - "Non Of Them Knew They Were Robots", "Retrovertigo", "Sweet Charity", "Pink Cigarate"

Mr. Bungle basically opens up a whole world of fun. Try all his side projects, too, like Maladror, and Fantomas and Tomahawk
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");