Options

adam greene

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited March 2006 in Other Music
i heard Nat King Cole and think its amazing . What should I get off his material (albums etc)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Well anyone know of him?
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    yeah, i really like adam green...
    i guess he's more well known in europe than the u.s. for some strange reason...
    since you like nat king cole you should get his latest album, jacket full of danger, out next week, i think...
    it's his best solo work to date, imo...

gemstones was alright but i prefer friends of mine, even if only for jessica (that jessica simpson song, i'm sure you heard it) and the title track... both got loads of airplay...
    and if you really get into his music you could also check out his former band, the moldy peaches...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    they played nat king cole and jessica back to back on Americana(Vh2 12.00am Sunday's) . Loved the first song and shall get the album.
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    icarus wrote:
    i decided to check out adam green because of this thread and also because he's friends with some of the guys from the libertines. i listened to 'nat king cole' and does anyone else think its an exact ripoff of the 'rockin in the free world' riff?

yes, he's friends with carl barat (check out his version of "what a waster") and also the strokes...
    but i hope this doesn't put anyone off because he's nothing like those bands...

on the new album, i always wonder if he can't decide if he wants to be the new jim morrison or the new lee hazlewood...
    in the grand scheme of things, his music is not all that original but his sense of humour is refreshing... he doesn't reinvent himself either, so i recommend "jacket full of danger" as an introduction to his work...

i don't believe "nat king cole" (the song, not the jazz musician) is a rip-off... while RITFW is one of the most rocking tunes of all time, it's not one of the most original... i could name countless songs with the same chord progression... RITFW is untouchable of course (extra kudos to PJ for being able to pull it off and make it their own) but "nat king cole" is a nice little tune... lots of songs on the album are shorter than 2 minutes so you won't get bored with them (but the whole record is pretty short)...

anyway, i can recommend adam green's "jacket full of danger"... it should be out next week (don't know for sure, i got an advance copy)...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I love the Moldy Peaches and am a big fan of Kimya Dawson (the other member of Moldy Peaches), but have never checked out Adam's solo stuff. Maybe I'll give the new one a try.

Oh, and for any of you who want to check out Kimya, Try her album My Cute Fiend Sweet Princess. She's amazing!
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE