It's all about the music..

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited May 2010 in The Porch
every now and then i think we all need to tell ourselves that...it's all about the music!!

fuck the posters

the DVD's

the shirts

the boots

the tickets

this website

all the dumb shit we bicker about with each other.....it's all about the BAND..THE MUSIC!! that connection we find in the lyrics as we drift through the melodies...man i love this band..their music...fuck all the other shit..it's just fluff..and the way some of us take the bands kindness for granted pisses me the fuck off and sours my mood..and i don't give a shit if you've been to more shows than me or own more boots or know obscure songs better..that shit doesn't make you a bigger/better fan!there are some condescending fucks around here who think that shit makes them special..and that pisses me off too..and on the flip side you have the people who find the need to jump to the bands defence even when there is a legitimate bitch..man that pisses me off too..but then i come around full circle to where i am now..IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!!

thanks for reading my 2 cents...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I am confused.

What's it all about??? Alfie.....

:P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    I am confused.

What's it all about??? Alfie.....

:P

:mrgreen::mrgreen: sorry i drifted a little..i smoked my lunch today. :lol::lol:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    absolutely!
    however.......it's also the whole EXPERIENCE....and the connection with the music....especially LIVE....so at least a few of the things mentioned, do come into play. they don't HAVE to, they are in addition to.....but none the less......just sayin'. ;)

if it were solely about 'the musi' and nothing at all else.......we wouldn't be on this website so f'n much....and we'd all just sit at home with headphones on listen to the CDs. or the vinyls.....or whatever......... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    absolutely!
    however.......it's also the whole EXPERIENCE....and the connection with the music....especially LIVE....so at least a few of the things mentioned, do come into play. they don't HAVE to, they are in addition to.....but none the less......just sayin'. ;)

if it were solely about 'the musi' and nothing at all else.......we wouldn't be on this website so f'n much....and we'd all just sit at home with headphones on listen to the CDs. or the vinyls.....or whatever......... :mrgreen:

+1

:D

Hey, I bought 4 PJ tote bags today along with SDE that I would have used if I had won the EV solo tickets.

I'll contribute to helping the environment when I use the PJ bags for groceries! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    IamMine wrote:
    absolutely!

+1

Hey, I bought 4 PJ tote bags today along with SDE that I would have used if I had won the EV solo tickets.

I'll contribute to helping the environment when I use the PJ bags for groceries! :D

man, if post counts only tracked posts w/o typos....my post count would still be oh..... minus 2300.......:P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    lets be honest crazy breed

it's about the WEED too... isn't it

;)
  • in essence..what i was trying to convey was that some times all this other shit just becomes a distraction,filler.white noise,hassle..and it's good to be able to fall back on the one real "truth"..the music!
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    in essence..what i was trying to convey was that some times all this other shit just becomes a distraction,filler.white noise,hassle..and it's good to be able to fall back on the one real "truth"..the music!
    to be honest............i enjoy the bickering because it leaves me numb to be surrounded by people with similiar views on most topics.

that is why i frequent this website.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • CrazyEddie wrote:
    lets be honest crazy breed

it's about the WEED too... isn't it

;)

I like you! and it's not just the name either..
    ajedigecko wrote:
    in essence..what i was trying to convey was that some times all this other shit just becomes a distraction,filler.white noise,hassle..and it's good to be able to fall back on the one real "truth"..the music!
    to be honest............i enjoy the bickering because it leaves me numb to be surrounded by people with similiar views on most topics.

that is why i frequent this website.

all good points.
    and crazy breed, i think we all did *get* that....just choose to shoot the shit, add to it.....ya know, b/c it's a discussion board, that's all. well that, and i have the time today. :D

also, i guess i see things a bit differently b/c i honestly don't see 95% of the conversations as 'bickering'.....i see it as debate, or sharing differing perspectives. sure, 5% of it IS absolutely bickering BS, but the rest.......different points of view shared, that's all! and i too enjoy it. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    Live music (experience, dancing, beers) > studio tracks
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I agree.
    Forget the material shit, it's all about the religious experience that is their music.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    FW46778 wrote:
    Live music (experience, dancing, beers) > studio tracks

agreed.
    i LOVE pearl jam's music...but i think i may actually love seeing them play said music LIVE even MORE.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    hell yeah. good rant.

i didn't get into PJ because i like their posters. or their signed ten redux bullshit. i wouldn't even know what to do with an autograph.

i try to catch 1 show a tour, and that's what its all about. that experience. nothing will top the Gorge shows i went too. or the riot act tour i saw at they key. fuck. when they played save you i could feel it. i was in peyton's box seat at half court-as far from the stage as you can get, 1000 feet above every one else. and it still hit me. a fucking wave. i will never forget that. or LBC. and everytime i hear those songs i remember that feeling, where i was. that's why i love pj. no amount of extra shit can compare to that. i had a Mike pic that a friend gave me from a Hawaii show and i ended up using it when i ran out of pics. i don't even know where it is now. i don't care.

I love the artwork in the posters, but its not what motivates me here. its the music. the shows. fuck all the rest/
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    great rant, crazy breed!!!
    have to agree, to many people get on with being defensive when the band is questioned
    its all about the music :twisted:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    monday made me think of this thread
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    Agreed i would just add this band's music has put me in touch with a bunch of really wonderful people who i can now call Friends, not just people i see at shows but actual friends to me that is what makes this Band the total package ... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    It's been in my sig since the begining. 8-)

And yes, I agree.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • I love this thread. Bump.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    That I just realized shows up whenever I preview my posts, but not when I post them even though it's checked to do so at the bottom... :o
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    add

fuck Ed's rants

to that list too.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    add

fuck Ed's rants

to that list too.

no way...i like his rants. go listen to Porch from Bonnaroo...just awesome.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    :lol:

true. sometimes they're good.
    but in keeping it about 'the music' ....

porch Bonnaroo is that on youtube?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*