Options

What's the worst possible 10c seat ya could get at MSG?

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I think im gonna try and get ticks for MSG now instead of florida as the travelling from the uk and to the shows seems a lot less hassle, what are peoples previous experiences with 10c seats, are ya likely to end up miles back or is it generally ok? (if im actually lucky enough to get one!)

I know theres already a ton of these kind of threads but nobody who has previously bought 10c ticks has really given any inside knowledge for the many people in the same boat as me ;):)

Thanks
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    How about no seats ?
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    hmmmmmmm

thanks for that marvellous insight :rolleyes:
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    in 03 the 2nd night i was behind the floor on the riser, number 193*** , actually thats by far the farthest back i've ever gotten with 10c seats.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    By far the worst seats I've ever had with 10C seats were at MSG. Normally I'm in rows 10-15 with number 161xxx.

MSG 03 I had section 81 and section 102.
  • Options
    excuse my ignorance but what's a riser? Also, it says on the official rules for buying tickets

"We reserve the best seats in the house for fan club tickets, starting from the first row on the floor and extending back. We also reserve the side sections closest to the stage when necessary."

so would that mean the whole floor is 10c and then the sides or just like half of the floor back to the middle and THEN the side bits get filled near the stage?

god knows why im making such a big deal out of this anyway, i mean whats the chance of me even getting a ticket in the presale? and im panicking where it'll be!!!! I guess its just coming how ever many thousand miles to see them i would just like to know as much as possible about where i "may" end up sat! :D
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Next to Isiah Thomas.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    By far the worst seats I've ever had with 10C seats were at MSG. Normally I'm in rows 10-15 with number 161xxx.

MSG 03 I had section 81 and section 102.

how did you end up soooooo far away when it says on the official rules for buying 10c tickets "We reserve the best seats in the house for fan club tickets, starting from the first row on the floor and extending back. We also reserve the side sections closest to the stage when necessary."

I'll be in the car park with my 365*** number!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    how did you end up soooooo far away when it says on the official rules for buying 10c tickets "We reserve the best seats in the house for fan club tickets, starting from the first row on the floor and extending back. We also reserve the side sections closest to the stage when necessary."

MSG. Close to half the venue were 10C seats. That's MSG. If you want to sit closer.... don't go to the MSG shows.

Apparently, a lot of people (like you :) ) come in from all corners of the earth for these shows.
  • Options

Because EVERYONE goes to MSG.

A 75-100K number gets you rows 10-18,

with 1-2 and 9-10 random this year, that is more like 14-22
    so, WTF you think you are gonna get with 300k?

Its not the 10C's fault MSG attracts 8000 PLUS 10C Members!

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    well a 300K number might get you alot closer if the amount of 10c tix for the MSG have been cut down from last time, which it sounds like it may be.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    I think im gonna try and get ticks for MSG now instead of florida

come to Florida, we'll take care of you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    my number is 350xxx and in 06 i was lucky to get close side seats...how they deem 40 rows back on the floor "better" than a close loge seat is silly...i hope i dont get stuck way back on the floor this time, my girlfriend is legally almost a midget....im toying with the idea of doing 10c, then TM and use the better ones and get rid of the others. if you have the extra credit card space, this is the best option. it would be easy to get rid of these tickets i think.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    also, that show was allowed to have as many ten clubbers that wanted to go right? now its 10% of venue cap, so thats like 1,800 fan club seats divided by pairs,, thats 900 pairs of tickets available starting march 26 for both shows...

im saying this because the whole fan club allotted seats may fit on the floor, no? or close with little overflow...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    I thought that the 10C were only able to hold a certain amount of the venue's tickets (say, 20%). And in 03, MSGs 10C seats sold out so fast, (Which didn't really happen back then, what with most tours having 50+ stops in the US) that they scrambled and were able to get some extras spread throughout the entire Garden.

Didn't you have to mail in money for tickets in 03??? I can't see the same thing happening this time what with electronic ticket purchasing and all. I think a lot of you are going to be in for a ticketmaster scramble.

Best of Luck
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    You should be happy with any seat..
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    it was mail in in 03 at msg and they sold as many tenclub tix as were requested (2 per show per member).
    a lot of people will get shut out of these 2 shows but those who get in will have good seats.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Look don't worry where your gonna be sat, just be glad you got tickets and we're able to be part of a special show if that's how it turns out. I had to pass up 10C seats for MSG in 2003 and my no is 32,###, there were 3 of us travelling from the UK and we wanted to all be together. I got tix from TM and we we're behind the stage, it was my choice, I coulda been front 10 rows if I'd used my TC but I chose not too. I still had an amazing time, being with my bro and a good friend of ours and at some of PJ's most legendary shows.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    no seat,

just being there is great it doesnt matter the location
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    it was mail in in 03 at msg and they sold as many tenclub tix as were requested (2 per show per member).
    a lot of people will get shut out of these 2 shows but those who get in will have good seats.

yeah, that's exactly what I think. If the 10% thing is true, and I believe it is, then you're looking at 2000 seats going to 10 club members. the worst 10 club member will still have better seats than 90% of people there. In 2003, Eddie said they had 7500 fan clubbers there. i was never sure if he meant 7500 tickets, or 7500 fan club orders (15000) tickets
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    also - remember back in '03 they had that "block" thing going on.

i have # 180,xxx and i was last row on the floor for MSG1 = worst seats I ever had - night 2 I ended up buying from someone b/c I wanted better seats.
  • Options
    145xxx got me the front of the 2nd floor section at both MSG shows on the last tour.

I think my friend has 193xxx, and he was in one of the side sections, but close to the front with a great view. I'm short, so he definitely had a better view than me.

10c seats will always be better than non-10c seats.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    It all depends on how far back 10c tickets go. If the only 10c tickets are the floor, it would probably be better to get Ticketmaster tickets along the side of the arena than be stuck at the very back of the flat floor.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06