Options

what did the south (Arkansas & Texas ) do to not deserve a show since '03?

2»

Comments

• Options
    what about memphis?? they did well there in 2000... sold out
    I'd love to see them play the Forum or the Orpheum. The Orpheum would be a dream. And, tickets would be a BITCH to get.

As for there nothing to do in southern cities, Memphis has many things to see & do. The Gibson factory (great $10 spent well worth the $). The Sun Studio tour, nice tour of Rock history, Beale St., live music, great bars with awesome signature drinks ie: The Diver @ Silky Sullivans, and street performers & entertainers. Graceland, its cheesy, but its Graceland. The best thing to do in Memphis IMO is go to the National Civil Rights Museum & the Laraine Motel. Stand where one of our nations's greatest leaders lost his life. Unexplainable. Memphis, I believe, would be far fetched tour wise. But, there is plenty to keep someone occupied for some time there.

I could help mindi plug the hell outta St. Lou. In which, I believe has that greatest shot at getting a show. Its closer to the northeast than any city mentioned. Plus, its proximity to Chicago is good for it's odds.

My bestfriend lives in Maple Valley, WA and would do anything for a Seattle proper show. I just think its sad that the same cities are slieghted tour after tour.

If the band were to add a midwest/midsouth/southern/Texan leg to the tour or a tour in general. Fans would travel, they always do. Even southern fans travel to both coasts to see the greatest band on earth. Shows in certain southern cities would sellout and people that have previously bashed southern shows would be bitching about getting shut out to the 10C presale in say, Houston.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    I would give anything if they would just PLAY ST. LOUIS AGAIN!!! I don't really mind because I have gone to Chicago every time they've skipped St. Louis and Chicago is a really fun town. I think at this point in Pearl Jam's career they have so many loyal fans that they know that the most loyal ones will travel to the nearest city to follow them. They figure if they skip St. Louis the loyal St. Louisans like me will come find them. After seeing STP in St. Louis a few weeks ago, however, I dont know if I ever want to see another band in this city. There are a lot of rednecks from the outskirts of town who hear songs like Alive and Evenflow every day on the radio that would love to come get drunk and act like an asshole for the chance to hear those two songs played live. And I don't think I hate anything more than a fat sweaty redneck within five feet of me!
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I would love a local, STL show. My little kids want to go so bad but I'd rather bring them to a show here than to make them travel.
    They play Chicago all the time, it can't be too much trouble to swing down here!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    whidbey wrote:
    No shit! I don't want to hear how expensive it is to travel. Just did a 2600 mile road trip at four dollars a gallon to see pj in Tampa, the closest to Texas show. And I have never ever voted for George W Bush or his daddy.
    you drove from TX to Tampa? Wow!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I would love a local, STL show. My little kids want to go so bad but I'd rather bring them to a show here than to make them travel.
    I agree. My 10 yr old nephew is dying to see Pearl Jam. St. Louis is the farthest place his mom will let me take him w/o her tagging along. When I was packing for the MSG shows he was begging for me to take him in my luggage!
    Exactly how many miles is it from Chicago to St. Louis? And, as for the St. Louis rednecks I think they all would rather go to Branson & see Andy Williams or the Oakridge Boys. If its not rednecks, its drunk frat boys.......really, which is the worse? At Lolla in Chicago, I couldn't tell you how many drunk frat boys my friends & I were kicking off of us girls. They were just plain RUDE. Especially the one I saw pissing in an H20 bottle, which ended up rolling around on the ground under our feet. There are always going to be negative aspects to a show. Plus, those St. Louis rednecks that you are so worried about are going to be on the lawn or in the upper deck. Therefore, they should not be a bother if you're a 10c member.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

I like bands.
  • Options
    Well i'm originally from Fayetteville, AR. I saw PJ back when they played in Little Rock, but fuck it. Fayetteville or any other area near there really doesn't have a big enough venue to hold them. I mean you have Tulsa and OKC, but thats about it, or Memphis i guess, but NWA needs to get a real venue other than the fucking AMP (The tent in the parking lot of the NWA mall). They really should invest in that, and im sure it would attract a lot more bands.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    Well i'm originally from Fayetteville, AR. I saw PJ back when they played in Little Rock, but fuck it. Fayetteville or any other area near there really doesn't have a big enough venue to hold them. I mean you have Tulsa and OKC, but thats about it, or Memphis i guess, but NWA needs to get a real venue other than the fucking AMP (The tent in the parking lot of the NWA mall). They really should invest in that, and im sure it would attract a lot more bands.
    lol....i agree...the AMP is a dump. If Pearl Jam comes to Tulsa, Okc, Dallas, kansas city, Little Rock, St. Louis, Memphis or Nashville....I'll go to every single one of those.
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    lol....i agree...the AMP is a dump. If Pearl Jam comes to Tulsa, Okc, Dallas, kansas city, Little Rock, St. Louis, Memphis or Nashville....I'll go to every single one of those.

Mwuaha. Of course, if they were that close I'd go too. Thank God i'm in VA Beach now, and the show was a 5 minute walk from my house. :D. Well I mean springdale just got a minor league baseball team right? I say they start using the field for shows. Queen did it right? PJ could too :D
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    Mwuaha. Of course, if they were that close I'd go too. Thank God i'm in VA Beach now, and the show was a 5 minute walk from my house. :D. Well I mean springdale just got a minor league baseball team right? I say they start using the field for shows. Queen did it right? PJ could too :D
    yes, the NW Arkansas Naturals with Bigfoot as its mascot...its a sight to be seen. Would be fantastic if Pearl Jam played some shows up here....I mean its one of the fastest growing areas in the country!....not sure how many Pearl Jam fans there are here though :(
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    yes, the NW Arkansas Naturals with Bigfoot as its mascot...its a sight to be seen. Would be fantastic if Pearl Jam played some shows up here....I mean its one of the fastest growing areas in the country!....not sure how many Pearl Jam fans there are here though :(

That's true. I actually had a hard time finding jam heads in nwa. Although i'm coming home next week for two weeks, so i might try to seek some out to hang out with instead of all the little 479hXc kids running around listening to that crazy ass screaming shit. Ahh how i've missed arkansas
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Dallas and Houston have plenty of non amphitheater venues. Toyota Center for Houston would work perfectly and it is alot like the Ford Center in OKC (Saw the who there March 2007). We have verizon wireless too but Toyota Center would be better.

For Dallas the A.A.C. would be a great place to see them. (The sound is good, even though people have told me otherwise) but the shows I have seen there were excellent. Dallas has so many venues but AAC would probably be what they would play if not Smirnoff or superpages center (since they changed the name again).
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    LukinFan wrote:

I drove from Texas to WPB and Tampa!!! It was a nice 18 hour drive! We weren't the only ones that did. I met another couple from Texas too.
  • Options
    I live in Harrison, AR currently & am moving to Fayetteville in 3 weeks or so just off Dickson. It seems there are a few NWAR fans showing up on the board that I've never seen on here before.

The Foo Fighters had no problem selling out Barnhill in Fayetteville back in Feb. I was so excited that a "real" band was playing w/in an hour of my house.....WOW, what a concept to not have to travel 4 hrs to a show! The only negative thing about the Foo show was the lame crowd. It appeared that all the kids on the floor in GA were afraid to move or even cheer on the band......sad, very sad!

I could handle a PJ show @ Barnhill or at Cain's Ball Room in Tulsa.
  • Options
    I live in Harrison, AR currently & am moving to Fayetteville in 3 weeks or so just off Dickson. It seems there are a few NWAR fans showing up on the board that I've never seen on here before.

The Foo Fighters had no problem selling out Barnhill in Fayetteville back in Feb. I was so excited that a "real" band was playing w/in an hour of my house.....WOW, what a concept to not have to travel 4 hrs to a show! The only negative thing about the Foo show was the lame crowd. It appeared that all the kids on the floor in GA were afraid to move or even cheer on the band......sad, very sad!

I could handle a PJ show @ Barnhill or at Cain's Ball Room in Tulsa.
    I lived right off Dickson a few years ago...School ave. That's right. technically in Greenland by the prison..but whatever. it was still fayetteville. Yeah, when i get back to fayetteville next saturday ill probably be living at dickson.
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    yes, the NW Arkansas Naturals with Bigfoot as its mascot...its a sight to be seen. :(
    The Double A team of the Kansas City Royals!!!
    tacos
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    The Double A team of the Kansas City Royals!!!
    Get a real team, J! Come on hop on that Cardinal bandwagon. Also, that crazy Royals fan lives in Springfield, MO. There are several PJ fans in Springfield but "iwasthere" is the only one that I know.
  • Options
    whidbeywhidbey ATX Posts: 57
    LukinFan wrote:

Hell yeah! Austin, TX .... cause the band I love won't play the live music capitol .... wtf???
    W. Palm Beach-1 08/00, Seattle Groundwork 10/01, Seattle 1&2 12/02,
    San Antonio 04/03, Raleigh 04/03, Dallas 06/03, Gorge 09/05, Vancouver 09/05, LA II 07/06, Tampa 06/08, Chicago II 08/09, ACL 10/09, Vedder solo 1&2 10/12, Dallas 11/13, ACL 10/14 1&2, OKC 2022, ATX 9/23 1&2