Options

The 'I'm Too Scared to go into "the Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread" Thread'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
because I'm doing rubbish at it :)
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    But you've created a new thread, not only drawing attention to quitting smoking, but putting the spotlight solely on yourself. Prepare to be invaded.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    But you've created a new thread, not only drawing attention to quitting smoking, but putting the spotlight solely on yourself. Prepare to be invaded.
    Enjoy!

I like transparency. I've got to the point that I don't really want to do it anymore, so invasion welcome. No one's gonna say anything I don't agree with or haven't heard before.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    I like transparency. I've got to the point that I don't really want to do it anymore, so invasion welcome. No one's gonna say anything I don't agree with or haven't heard before.
    Well if you've heard it all before, no one is going to be able to say anything to help you quit ;)

Wait, er, put the smoke down maggot!!!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Me too! I'm a weak minded jessy boy! :(
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    I'm a weak minded jessy boy! :(
    haha, quoted for permanency!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

HAHAHA :D

Welcome to the thread jessy boy :)

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Well if you've heard it all before, no one is going to be able to say anything to help you quit ;)

Wait, er, put the smoke down maggot!!!

To be honest, I wasn't really looking for help to quit. I just wanted to start another silly thread and was stuck for ideas. Then I had a fag and inspiration hit me between the eyes.

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I quit 10 years ago...no more smokes for me or any kind
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Then I had a fag and inspiration hit me between the eyes.

Where's that fun with quotes thread...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    put the smoke down maggot!!!

AMEN!!!

You're not smoking when yu're out with us on Friday, Mark... I'll break yer legs!

oh wait... :o

;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    AMEN!!!

You're not smoking when yu're out with us on Friday, Mark... I'll break yer legs!

;)

My arms are useful to me... You can pull those off :)

• Options
    Rygar wrote:

Where's that fun with quotes thread...

HAR. DE HAR. HAR.

*cough*homophobe*cough* :p

• Options
    My arms are useful to me... You can pull those off :)

Deal! :D

and you know I mean it :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

why did you even start? :confused:

actually... you're in a wheelchair and you have other disabilites... at what time in your life did you think "ooh i know.. i'll start smoking, that'll help"

:confused: to the power 394723905
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    why did you even start? :confused:

Hmmm... *thinks*

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    AMEN!!!

;)
    Why do we not have a suitable XD emoticon for these sitations? :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Who needs ya :p

I feel like I have become the leader of a cult, I want a book written about me.
    And I have to be portrayed as G-d Like!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Hmmm... *thinks*
    I hope your reason is less pathetic than mine.

Smoking socially at parties to have a reason to go outside with pretty girls.

Actually, that's the only possible GOOD reason.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Why do we not have a suitable XD emoticon for these sitations? :D

Yep, that emoticon is green, which implies that not only do you find it funny that Sian wants to break my legs... You're also JEALOUS that it cannot be you :) In a weird kind of way, I'm flattered.

• Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    petrocs wrote:
    I quit 10 years ago...no more smokes for me or any kind
    Smug git!!!!! :p
    Rygar wrote:
    This is no laughing matter. :p It's serious business. :mad:
    Cigar time!!!!!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

stupid reason. why not just go out and stand with them anyway, plus if she is pretty and she smokes then its not worth it... her looks will succumb to the ravages of tobacco inhalation at some point and she'll look like a 79 year old satsuma... still, all those years of needless addiction, money wasting, illness, possible lung cancer and most likely a horrifically painful and ignominious death is worth it for a shag i suppose. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    stupid reason. why not just go out and stand with them anyway, plus if she is pretty and she smokes then its not worth it... her looks will succumb to the ravages of tobacco inhalation at some point and she'll look like a 79 year old satsuma... still, all those years of needless addiction, money wasting, illness, possible lung cancer and most likely a horrifically painful and ignominious death is worth it for a shag i suppose. :)
    "If she smokes, she pokes"
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Trust me, the method worked :) It was a good icebreaker for a shy lad like myself ;) Plus, standing outside with a girl while she blows smoke in your face is quite unpleasant and not conducive to good romancing unless you actively smoke yourself. It seemed worth it at the time. It went from an infrequent, social thing to an everyday thing unfortunately. I stopped though.

Also, it's not like I was going to spend enough time with these people that they might end up ravaged as you describe. Jesus, what do you think I meant, I started smoking so I could marry someone?! :D
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

I'll break your limbs too!! :mad:

:p

• Options
    I'll break your limbs too!! :mad:

We'll both come back as zombies and then there'll only be one way to kill us. You'll know what that is, so you'll have an advantage as I... do not. :)

• Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

Also, it's not like I was going to spend enough time with these people that they might end up ravaged as you describe. Jesus, what do you think I meant, I started smoking so I could marry someone?! :D

the horribly ill cancer ravaged person i described was you... although it was just a story/hypothesis though.. i cannot see into the future so dont come wheezing down my garden path, like an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping, in 40 years time telling me i was right... ;)
  • Options
    Hmmm... *thinks*

you missed my *edit*

actually... you're in a wheelchair and you have other disabilites... at what time in your life did you think "ooh i know.. i'll start smoking, that'll help"

:confused: to the power 394723905

• Options
    We'll both come back as zombies and then there'll only be one way to kill us. You'll know what that is, so you'll have an advantage as I... do not. :)

I do.

Have you ever seen Beetlejuice?

You know the guy in the waiting room in the afterlife who sits by Adam and offers him a cigarette?

(http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/4636482_std.jpg)

If you continue to smoke, you'll be a zombie who looks similar to that.
    Now, don't get me wrong but if i'm gonna walk the earth after i've passed on already, i'd rather look good.

I'll let you think about that ;)

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I do.

Have you ever seen Beetlejuice?

You know the guy in the waiting room in the afterlife who sits by Adam and offers him a cigarette?

(http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/4636482_std.jpg)

If you continue to smoke, you'll be a zombie who looks similar to that.
    Now, don't get me wrong but if i'm gonna walk the earth after i've passed on already, i'd rather look good.

I'll let you think about that ;)

WOW!!! This has now become terrific advertising for joining us over at the other Thread!

Nothing better than the present!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    WOW!!! This has now become terrific advertising for joining us over at the other Thread!

Nothing better than the present!

I'm there :cool: