I don't like Radiohead or Smashing Pumpkins.

13»

Comments

• but am i alone in thinking thom yorke can't sing for shit? (and not in a good way like neil young or bob dylan)

To not like Radiohead it one thing but to say that Thom Yorke can't sing is absolutely absurd. His singing voice also carries over well live.
  • Two Words: OK Computer
  • The Smashing Pumpkins I would rate a 6 or 7. I think they are a good but, definitley not 'great'. Corgan can be annoying but, people say the same thing about Ed so, I just kind of think of it as anoher opinion of the world. As far as Radiohead goes, I think they are great. I don't really agree with somebody saying Thom is borderline emo. I think he's a good vocalist.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • The Smashing Pumpkins I would rate a 6 or 7. I think they are a good but, definitley not 'great'. Corgan can be annoying but, people say the same thing about Ed so, I just kind of think of it as anoher opinion of the world. As far as Radiohead goes, I think they are great. I don't really agree with somebody saying Thom is borderline emo. I think he's a good vocalist.
    How is Thom borderline emo? That really doesn't make any sense.
  • i've always considered myself to have a pretty decent taste in music and i'm often very picky when it comes to bands and artists.

two bands that i know many people love are SP and Radiohead. I just CANNOT stand either of them.
    i've really tried getting into them, but with no luck. Whenever i tell people that i dont like those bands i always get this look like im a crazy person.

anyways, am i really the only one? anyone agree with me?

discuss.

Yeah some people just don't like those bands..Personally I really like both bands but different strokes for different folks !!
    Master of Zen
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i don't like disco. i love it.
  • InTheDark wrote:
    How is Thom borderline emo? That really doesn't make any sense.

I said that earlier. He has an extremely whiny, annoying voice. I bought OK Computer and came to that conclusion. Doesn't mean I hate the band or anything - the music is great - but seriously....he sounds like a bitch.

:eek:

Kill me now ;)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Odin wrote:
    It's funny how when everyone else disses Thom's voice, people agree and say "I can understand why you'd feel that way." But when I do it, you all jump on my case. This has happened on more than one occasion, which makes me wonder!!!!!!! WHY DON'T YOU TALK SHIT LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF MY FACE AND I'LL KNOCK YOU THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD!
    ohhh the e-drama.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam