Looks like it's over for Velvet Revolver

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Seriously, say what you want about Chris Cornell and the whole Audioslave breakup, but at least he just went out with a press statement. Nothing like this... (Scott Weiland said at a gig that Velvet Revolver would be breaking up - the drummer seems to have replied on a blog, and now this is Weilands response. It's like a soap opera).

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Responding to our drummer's [Matt Sorum] rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though — this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why… we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans — I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing… not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid — could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame… we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill — that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93414

I could never stand Scott Weiland. Amazing singer but he seems like a complete prick.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppet wrote:
    Seriously, say what you want about Chris Cornell and the whole Audioslave breakup, but at least he just went out with a press statement. Nothing like this... (Scott Weiland said at a gig that Velvet Revolver would be breaking up - the drummer seems to have replied on a blog, and now this is Weilands response. It's like a soap opera).

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Responding to our drummer's [Matt Sorum] rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though — this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why… we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans — I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing… not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid — could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame… we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill — that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93414

I could never stand Scott Weiland. Amazing singer but he seems like a complete prick.

Weiland is a moron. I love STP and even more i love velvet revolver and all he does is fuck up each band.
    Sorum is trying to keep his band together and all scotty the ego star can do is try to rip him to shreds and pump up his ego.
    Great singer, bigger jerk.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    sounds like mikey did it.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    They were ok, but not great on record. STP should get back together. Ditto GnR
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    butterfly1 wrote:
    They were ok, but not great on record. STP should get back together. Ditto GnR

stp HAVE got back together!
  • Sounds like Matt and the GnR members can't get along enough to keep their lead singers. Axle, now Scott. Scott has issues no doubt, and those members knew that, so I don't feel so bad about that. But...the fans...they need to realize that there has been something brewing up with Matt and Scott for some time. Dig a but deeper and you will find some truth behind Matt's and Scott's reasons for what happened. Love Scott's voice, on stage presence and his unique dance movements, but true enough he has issues and as a STP fan going way back to Core, we have known about Scott and have been burned many times too. We love him, and then we sort of hate him. He is what he is, HUMAN. We all have problems and we learn to live with them. I hope Scott's return to STP is healthy one.
    Scott a jerk? I don't thing so. Scott with some issues, yes. The boys in STP, Eric, Dean, and Robert know him well, and I think they will keep a closer eye on him in the next few years.
    Just happy to have STP back - and hearing songs being played on the radio.
    ( OIIIIO ) It's about being able to go where most can't - Forget it, It's a Jeep thing!
  • whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    Basically Weiland joined VR for the money.

They were offered a couple of soundtrack deals and they needed a singer, so they sent the songs over to Scott and he agreed to do it and then they began writing songs.

I've seen VR three times and the first time was awesome (saw them in a small club right before the 2nd album came out) but then it seemed they were just going through the motions by the third time (which was a few months ago after Scott had began not showing up and had been rumored to being using again). Each show, he comes out and says they are the "last real fuckin rock n roll group on the planet" and then put on a great show. But then the next night he comes out and says the the exact same thing. When did he wear the exact same outfit each night during his STP days?

VR's 2nd album didn't sell very well and they fill up buildings when they toured for it either. Scott knows this and realizes that STP getting back together would be huge and would be able to make more money that way. He knows he can't be in both bands so he self destructs until there is no VR. I could see them getting a new singer since they were all in the band before Scott

It seems like they've (or at least Scott) have been going through the motions for at least a year or more, so I'm not really sad to see them break up. 4+ years is a decent amount of time for a supergroup anyway.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    VR was a good band, always have a special place in my heart because they were my first real show. Wrote some decent songs, but I think their time is up.

When they were on though, they were REALLY good.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Pretty poor retort by Scott. I don't think I'd be friends with the dude but Purple slayed!!

however, Matt has always seemed like a dick to me, so F him.

I'll take an STP reunion over VR any day.

Also...Scott saying they are the last real rock band is laughable...Nickleback is where it's at!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Nickleback is where it's at!

Lol, nice one!
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509

When they were on though, they were REALLY good.

The best thing about VR was them doing GNR and STP songs live, other than that they weren't all that great.