I'm a closet Madonna fan...

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I like a lot of her songs. In fact, I'm listening to 'True Blue baby, I love you', right now...

Ah, that felt good...
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Her song "bad girl" is amazing... the video is even better.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I'm a Madonna fan as well, but I don't feel guilty admitting it. I think she's a very talented artist. I love a lot of her stuff from the '80s like Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Borderline, etc. I listened to Confessions on a Dance Floor and I thought it was OK.

When I was younger I didn't really care for 'Live to Tell' until I found out what the song was about, now I think it's really powerful. Almost makes me cry.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    Her song "bad girl" is amazing... the video is even better.

Yeah that's a good one....
  • zircona1 wrote:
    I'm a Madonna fan as well, but I don't feel guilty admitting it. I think she's a very talented artist. I love a lot of her stuff from the '80s like Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Borderline, etc. I listened to Confessions on a Dance Floor and I thought it was OK.

When I was younger I didn't really care for 'Live to Tell' until I found out what the song was about, now I think it's really powerful. Almost makes me cry.

Yeah I love her stuff from the 80's the best. And ray of light is an awesome song. The songs you mentioned are all great, plus Cherish, Like a Prayer, and Express Yourself.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Ray Of Light could be one of the greatest pop songs ever.

Beautiful Stranger is a favorite as well.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Human Nature, This Used To Be My Playground...my faves from her...

My old band used to actually cover Holiday...it was pretty funny...lol
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i don't care for her music, but i'll sure as hell enjoy a 69 with her - long and hard
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    and here was i thinking that ALL madonna fans were well and truly out of the closet. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Into The Groove is one of my favorites!
  • and here was i thinking that ALL madonna fans were well and truly out of the closet. ;):D:p

Oh no, I like girls! But for the first time ever, I'm admitting my love for the material girl. ;)

Actually I admitted liking the song 'cherish' in a "guilty pleasures" thread a couple of weeks back. That was my first step. Then I decided to go all the way and come clean with this thread.

I always liked this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFb_3jdFgJU
  • She's aight.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I like Hung Up. I think it's the production on it I like...

What's that song where she drives around with her grandmother in the video destroying stuff with her Camaro? That rocks.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    I don't know....I think she kind of sold out after Like a Virgin!!! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Ray Of Light & American Life are actually really good albums.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh no, I like girls! But for the first time ever, I'm admitting my love for the material girl. ;)

Actually I admitted liking the song 'cherish' in a "guilty pleasures" thread a couple of weeks back. That was my first step. Then I decided to go all the way and come clean with this thread.

I always liked this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFb_3jdFgJU

i have madonna's true blue album on blue vinyl. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Like a Virgin and Express Yourself are my favorites. :)

And I do confess to dressing like her way back in the day! :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Dress You Up is my alltime fave. I love what she was wearing in the video.
    Congrats EB, for coming out. We salute you.
    No shame here.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No shame here.

This outfit Trix? Very cool!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjWxIJjm34

Of course it always sounded like she was singing "mess you up with Milo all over your body" :D I suppose you have NO idea what I'm talking about, right? :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • My take on Madonna

1980-1990: Average, forgettable stuff

1991-2000: Phenominal Stuff (Take a Bow, The Power of Goodbye, Rain, I'll Remember, This Used to Be My Playground, Ray of Light, Frozen, Human Nature, Erotica, Substitute for Love, Don't Tell Me, Swim, Secret, Music, etc.)

2001- present: She's gotten too full over herself and her music has gone down hill.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    No shame here.

Thanks TC. Love your quote by the way(Yes I'm talking about the Beatles, not Dave Mathews band)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,137
    I'm not ashamed...I like some of her material...most notably Like A Virgin, Dress You Up, and Material Girl
    1991-2000: Phenominal Stuff (Take a Bow, The Power of Goodbye, Rain, I'll Remember, This Used to Be My Playground, Ray of Light, Frozen, Human Nature, Erotica, Substitute for Love, Don't Tell Me, Swim, Secret, Music, etc.)

My sentiments exactly.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• larslars Posts: 524
    madonna sucks
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    madonna sucks

As an actress she leaves a lot to be desired (except for her role as Breathless Mahoney).

However, as a singer, dancer & marketer, she's always been ahead of her time.

PBM

Thanks TC. Love your quote by the way(Yes I'm talking about the Beatles, not Dave Mathews band)
    ;)
    I second Substitute For Love.
    But from the latest, this is my favorite.
    I dedicate it to a special friend of mine. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjL8vWhBY6M
    Nice Austin Powers tie in to this one. As previously stated, it's a favorite.

PBM

Jeanie wrote:
    This outfit Trix? Very cool!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjWxIJjm34

Of course it always sounded like she was singing "mess you up with Milo all over your body" :D I suppose you have NO idea what I'm talking about, right? :o
    Jeanie, you have and always will, rock my YouTube world! Yes, that outfit. Love that song.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    As an actress she leaves a lot to be desired (except for her role as Breathless Mahoney).

However, as a singer, dancer & marketer, she's always been ahead of her time.

PBM
    yeah if you like music that sucks
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    yeah if you like music that sucks

All music is subjective, I'll give you that. However, you can't deny her place in music history as an innovator.

PBM

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    Ray Of Light could be one of the greatest pop songs ever.

Beautiful Stranger is a favorite as well.

PBM

you picked my two favorites