Travis from "Blind Melon's" shit stolen...

mouthfulofsoupmouthfulofsoup Posts: 397
edited December 2007 in Other Music
A friend passed this on to me (it's from his blog.) I'd love to shake the hand of the guy who took the stuff. :) I think he said it well, Karma's a bitch...& yes, so am I. :D

Saturday, December 08, 2007

St. Petersburg and the fucker who stole my shit!!!!!

Well, I have to say the tour has been going great, I couldn't ask for more, especially the
crowds reaction. You guys have been fucking amazing and I want to thank you all again.
we played St. Petersburg 2 nights ago and the show went well. After the show, I grabbed my
things, Video Camera,Wig,Gloves and everything else I had on stage. I took it back to
the dressing room then I changed and went outside to greet the fans. During that time,
Some Fuck-Face Went Backstage and Took off with all my shit, including my Video Camera
which I was in the process of making my own personal BM documentary. You know I don't know if
it's Karma or what but thats fucking FUCKED!!! You fucking SCUM FUCK!!!!!!
Anyhooters, It is what it is, We're heading to Little Rock and I can't wait, I get to see my
brother and it's been 3 years since I've him. See ya Log-Dog!!!!!!
See ya Little Rock,
TTW.
"Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think he said it well, Karma's a bitch...& yes, so am I. :D
    :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeh another email was sent out a few days ago.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    yeah, it's so funny when other people get robbed. you know what else i find hilarious? how bald people look after chemotherapy :) man, it's hours of fun laughing at that shit! call me a dick or a douchebag or a pathetic piece of shit or whatever you want, but i just delight in the misfortunes and pain of other people, ya know?
  • He got his "Blind Melon" documentary stolen...he wasn't hurt, or had his puppy stolen. ;)

...Considering my feelings on this whole "reunion" it's safe to say that I indeed find it hilarious. :)
    yeah, it's so funny when other people get robbed. you know what else i find hilarious? how bald people look after chemotherapy :) man, it's hours of fun laughing at that shit! call me a dick or a douchebag or a pathetic piece of shit or whatever you want, but i just delight in the misfortunes and pain of other people, ya know?
  • you are a douchebag, go off yourself while listening to no rain on repeat, that would make shannon proud.
  • you are a douchebag, go off yourself while listening to no rain on repeat, that would make shannon proud.

"No Rain?"...Nah. "Soup"...Maybe. ;)
    He got his "Blind Melon" documentary stolen...he wasn't hurt, or had his puppy stolen. ;)

...Considering my feelings on this whole "reunion" it's safe to say that I indeed find it hilarious. :)

you are a disgrace to everything shannon stood for.
  • agreed.
  • you are a disgrace to everything shannon stood for.

Hmmm...

Nope, opinion remains the same...nice try though. :D
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    you are a douchebag, go off yourself while listening to no rain on repeat, that would make shannon proud.
    haha :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    He got his "Blind Melon" documentary stolen...he wasn't hurt, or had his puppy stolen. ;)

That's a pretty weak comment buddy. Try going to a show and seeing how happy all the guys are to be back together. They sound pretty damn good too. Why wish bad will on some one? He's just happy as shit to be playing with these guys, and they are having a blast playing with him.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • glb wrote:
    That's a pretty weak comment buddy. Try going to a show and seeing how happy all the guys are to be back together. They sound pretty damn good too. Why wish bad will on some one? He's just happy as shit to be playing with these guys, and they are having a blast playing with him.

I will never go to a fake Melon show, thanks. I know they are all happy & that's great. They are not "Blind Melon" though without Shannon. (I don't care what anyone says, that's how *I* feel about it.) I'm sure Travis is a nice guy...I don't wish him bad will (as far as real harm), it's just the irony of it that's funny.
    I will never go to a fake Melon show, thanks. I know they are all happy & that's great. They are not "Blind Melon" though without Shannon. (I don't care what anyone says, that's how *I* feel about it.) I'm sure Travis is a nice guy...I don't wish him bad will (as far as real harm), it's just the irony of it that's funny.

no, you don't wih him bad, you just revel in any misfortune that befalls him. is it ironic? or is it more likely it is the pathetically feeble crybaby antics of people like you that lead to this?
  • Damn, I didn't know that this reunion brought out such ugliness in people...

Regardless of how people feel about the band or the new guy, in the end it was the band's decision to go on... if you don't approve, don't listen to them or go see them, but to take glory in someone else's stuff getting stolen, that's pretty pathetic.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • no, you don't wih him bad, you just revel in any misfortune that befalls him. is it ironic? or is it more likely it is the pathetically feeble crybaby antics of people like you that lead to this?

http://blog.juliaallison.com/Images/You%20Say%20Potato%20I%20Say%20Fuck%20You.gif

:D
  • A friend passed this on to me (it's from his blog.) I'd love to shake the hand of the guy who took the stuff. :) I think he said it well, Karma's a bitch...& yes, so am I. :D

Saturday, December 08, 2007

St. Petersburg and the fucker who stole my shit!!!!!

Well, I have to say the tour has been going great, I couldn't ask for more, especially the
    crowds reaction. You guys have been fucking amazing and I want to thank you all again.
    we played St. Petersburg 2 nights ago and the show went well. After the show, I grabbed my
    things, Video Camera,Wig,Gloves and everything else I had on stage. I took it back to
    the dressing room then I changed and went outside to greet the fans. During that time,
    Some Fuck-Face Went Backstage and Took off with all my shit, including my Video Camera
    which I was in the process of making my own personal BM documentary. You know I don't know if
    it's Karma or what but thats fucking FUCKED!!! You fucking SCUM FUCK!!!!!!
    Anyhooters, It is what it is, We're heading to Little Rock and I can't wait, I get to see my
    brother and it's been 3 years since I've him. See ya Log-Dog!!!!!!
    See ya Little Rock,
    TTW.

I wish I could get involved in this convo... but I cherish our 7 year friendship to much ... - LOL!!! ;)

You crazy you know that right? :D
    xo
    Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Even if you disapprove of the band touring and making music with Travis, you have to feel bad for the guy or, at the very least, be against the theft of his property.

You've gone beyond the reasonable debate stage mouthfulofsoup...I'm terribly disappointed.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • I wish I could get involved in this convo... but I cherish our 7 year friendship to much ... - LOL!!! ;)

You crazy you know that right? :D
    xo
    Urs,

LOL, Urs. Indeed I do, but you wouldn't have me any other way...Nor I, you. :p (7 years, wow!) :eek:
    Even if you disapprove of the band touring and making music with Travis, you have to feel bad for the guy or, at the very least, be against the theft of his property.

You've gone beyond the reasonable debate stage mouthfulofsoup...I'm terribly disappointed.

PBM

I never claimed to be a reasonable debater, PBM. I just say what I think, right or wrong (eventhough, I'm always right. ;))...If you knew me better you wouldn't be disappointed, you'd know to expect it. (See: Urs.) lol.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    LOL, Urs. Indeed I do, but you wouldn't have me any other way...Nor I, you. :p (7 years, wow!) :eek:

I never claimed to be a reasonable debater, PBM. I just say what I think, right or wrong (eventhough, I'm always right. ;))...If you knew me better you wouldn't be disappointed, you'd know to expect it. (See: Urs.) lol.

Wow. I'd be willing to bet that if Shannon came back from the grave, you are the last person he'd want listening to his music. Complete douchebaggery.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/

sounds a lot like what shannon is saying as he rolls over in his grave at the ugliness of his petty fans.
  • I just say what I think, right or wrong

The mind is a wonderful filter...consider using it in future threads/conversations.

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• So whats the deal? Back when they first started touring I heard people said this Travis guy was pretty damn good. Now it seems like there is a lot of hate for him. Did he pull some BS or are you all just Blind Melon fans that can't except the fact that the rest of blind melon wants to move on?

Dont get me wrong Shannon was one of kind no way could some one replace him. Just like how no one could ever replace Eddie. But you have to understand that the band wants to move on and its been what 11 years since shannon's passing? Time to move on and give the guy a break unless like I asked earlier he did pull some stupid shit.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • BinGnarly wrote:
    SNow it seems like there is a lot of hate for him.

There really isn't a lot of hate for him around here...just a few scattered. I like the new songs and have enjoyed the clips I've seen of their live songs.

I hated to miss the Memphis show last week, but I just couldn't pull it off.

Here's hoping they come around this way next year.

PBM

• LOL, Urs. Indeed I do, but you wouldn't have me any other way...Nor I, you. :p (7 years, wow!) :eek:

You are absolutely right I wouldnt have you any other way ;) (eventhough we dont agree!) Yup 7 years! Can you believe it???
  • There really isn't a lot of hate for him around here...just a few scattered. I like the new songs and have enjoyed the clips I've seen of their live songs.

I hated to miss the Memphis show last week, but I just couldn't pull it off.

Here's hoping they come around this way next year.

PBM

I went to see them in Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of December and OMG! I had so much fun, the show was so good (it had been 13 years since the last time I saw the band when Shannon was still alive), Travis did an awesome job ... Meeting Glen, Rogers, Brad and Chris was great, Travis was ok too

Im looking forward to seeing them again on March at Langerado :)
    BinGnarly wrote:
    are you all just Blind Melon fans that can't except the fact that the rest of blind melon wants to move on?

that's about it. there's not much hate for him. just a few pathetic losers who can't let the past go and are going to whine and do petty shit like steal equipment to punish travis for the inadequecies of their own sad little lives.
  • I think this is one of those rare occasions where a band moves on with a new member and it works. I saw 3 shows in the last 2 months was really moved by the whole thing. They showed respect for the past AND played a lot of new songs that were really great. I'm convinced that they are going to do really well. It was a weird thing for me to go to a 'new" blind melon show at first, but they flat out changed my mind. They stayed afterwards at all of the shows that I saw and met everybody who wanted to talk to them. I left after 3 hours one night and there were still a bunch of people there outside their bus and they were just hanging out. I've never seen a band of thier stature do that.....
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    thats cool. as for the whole "it aint the same without shannon" shit, fuck that.

they were great musicians and the worlds a better place for music fans with them making music together again.

seriously good musicians.
  • reggie500 wrote:
    I think this is one of those rare occasions where a band moves on with a new member and it works. I saw 3 shows in the last 2 months was really moved by the whole thing. They showed respect for the past AND played a lot of new songs that were really great. I'm convinced that they are going to do really well. It was a weird thing for me to go to a 'new" blind melon show at first, but they flat out changed my mind. They stayed afterwards at all of the shows that I saw and met everybody who wanted to talk to them. I left after 3 hours one night and there were still a bunch of people there outside their bus and they were just hanging out. I've never seen a band of thier stature do that.....

I had the same exact experience....
    I went to the show not knowing how I would feel about it... I didn't hate the idea (I did at first like long time ago) but I just didnt know how hearing songs Shannon use to sing, sang by Travis would be...

The show was so amazing! Travis paid so much respect to Shannon and I felt like the old songs were more of a tribute, when he sang them, my eyes were full of tears when he sang Change :(

It was one of the best shows I have gone to in a long time, singing those songs again was unreal and everything reminded me of Shannon, and that was a good thing.
    Here in Fort Lauderdale it was the same thing, they hung around and met everyone that wanted to meet them, it was a great night!
  • You are absolutely right I wouldnt have you any other way ;) (eventhough we dont agree!) Yup 7 years! Can you believe it???

Wait you don't agree with me? That's it, you're so off my Myspace! lol.
    7 years...man, I don't even remember how we started talking...just the good ol days of the golden hamma. :) haha.

(Don't forget the tomatoes this time in March when you go.) ;):p