Options

Wolfmother... check 'em out!

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Anybody on the board heard of a band called Wolfmother? If you haven't and you like good, classic 70's rock n' roll these guys are AMAZING!!!

They played a sold out show here in Seattle last night and brought the house down. Best show I've seen in ages, everyone was digging it. You can find out more about them at http://www.wolfmother.com.

Seriously check these guys out....

GivenToFlyFreak
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Wolfmother... check 'em out!

alrighty, will do
  • Options
    Agreed they fucking rock. Im thinking of going to see them in chicago this thursday, but the show starts at fuckin 9.30pm, with opening bands, and i work at 6am. Fuckin sucks.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yeah, they sound great. Sorry I missed them in Seattle. Thanks. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I just bought the last ticket for the show in Toronto. I wanted 2, but I know others who are going. Sucks cause I planed to buy tickets all along, and now I'm one ticket short.

Either way I hear they put on a great show
  • Options
    Already have checked them out. I imported their album because I couldn't wait for it to be released in the US(and the day after they announce the US release date, go figure). I love it and I'm sure they'll hit big over here once the CD lands in May.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    El whoops. Looks like my post might have been edited due to my celebratory explicatives :)

In short, I think that I owe you a beer in thanks, because this band is pretty gosh darned awesome.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    For those who have attended their shows how much were their cd's?

Also, I haven't heard them before, but only know this song. It's pretty good. What do you guys think? http://www.wolfmother.com/2005.html
  • Options
    I think the song on the site is Minds Eye, great song. One of the best on the album.

Id have to say i sort of have two complaints about the album.

First, the lack of solos. Not much there, other than in the Eagle song.

Second, i first listened to the original self titled ep they put out, and they re-recorded some of the songs on their for the album. I think they lost a little of that raw sound that gave them some of that retro-ness when they did this. i mean the songs sound tighter, but they are also faster. it doesnt make them bad, just different i guess.

for examples check out the differences in the songs Dimensions and Woman on the original EP and the album. Dimensions is also the 2nd EP, and the only US release so far. I picked it up at best buy for $5.99.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i have seen wolfmother live several times.
    i love that they have a touch of the grandiose in their music.
    love white unicorn and witchcraft.

yeah oz rock!!!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Lu LuLu Lu Posts: 4
    Shit yea!!! How good are there shows!!! Andrew Stockdale (vocals/guitar) doesn't just play his guitar he really plays it like throws it around, using microphone stand to play it etc etc it was so awesome.

Yea Oz does rock it's awesome.

Hey Cate what do you think of Gyroscope?
    I know some day u'l have a beautiful life, I hope u'l be a star in somebody else's sky
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lu Lu wrote:
    Hey Cate what do you think of Gyroscope?

i do like gyroscope. though not as much as i like peabody.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Lu LuLu Lu Posts: 4
    Will have to check out Peabody....have not heard much of them?? I need to get back to listening to the JJJ's.
    I know some day u'l have a beautiful life, I hope u'l be a star in somebody else's sky
  • Options
    efroten wrote:
    I'd have to say i sort of have two complaints about the album.

First, the lack of solos. Not much there, other than in the Eagle song.

Well, it's kind of easy to see why they don't have much solos. There's only 3 of them and the only guitarist has to also worry about vocals. I honestly think they'd benefit greatly by getting a rhythm guitarist.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    Yes Wolfmother are impressive.

An Australian rock band that has its roots in Zeppelin and Sabbath.

They blow Jet out of the water.

I think they could be pretty big in the US.

Caught their performances at the Big Day Out...Awesome. Them and Kings of Leon were easily the standouts.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+