the Who: Who's next

2»

Comments

• My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    glasshouse wrote:
    i'm so glad i finally got around to buying this album (who's next: deluxe edition)! i'm loving it. the extra songs are mind blowing as well. i think the 2nd disk (featuring live performances) are some of the tightest rock and roll i've ever heard. Keith Moon's drumming is nothing short of divine and Pete's guitar is gem. 10/10 purchase.

I agree. Great stuff.

You should try Live at Leeds. Just amazing! They play Tommy straight through and I enjoyed it much more live than studio.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    this album is the dog's balls ......"yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!"
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    glasshouse wrote:
    i'm so glad i finally got around to buying this album (who's next: deluxe edition)! i'm loving it. the extra songs are mind blowing as well. i think the 2nd disk (featuring live performances) are some of the tightest rock and roll i've ever heard. Keith Moon's drumming is nothing short of divine and Pete's guitar is gem. 10/10 purchase.
    Glad to hear that you are happy with the direction in which we steered you. :cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I used to love The Who between the ages of ten and twelve, but then I moved onto Hendrix and didn't really look back. However, Who's Next is a fine album. I think it's a pity Quadrophenia wasn't aborted at the time, like Lifehouse. Townshend might have distilled the best material from it, as he did with the Lifehouse material on Who's Next, and saved us the filler.

You are nuts.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I won't say I "love" it but I do like it a lot.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.