Options

Names for Ed's Band

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Ed's band has to have a name right? In the tradition of other songwriters with awesome bands that serve as much more than just a "backup" band, but still go behind the name of their ringleader, like The Heartbreakers, The Innocent Criminals, and Crazy Horse, what should Ed call his band?

Eddie Vedder and the Innocent Bystanders?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    He should give a nod to Keith Richards and call his band "The Less Expensive Winos" (Keith's band is "The Expensive Winos")
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    He should give a nod to Keith Richards and call his band "The Less Expensive Winos" (Keith's band is "The Expensive Winos")

Genius
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    Ed's band has to have a name right? In the tradition of other songwriters with awesome bands that serve as much more than just a "backup" band, but still go behind the name of their ringleader, like The Heartbreakers, The Innocent Criminals, and Crazy Horse, what should Ed call his band?

Eddie Vedder and the Innocent Bystanders?

They should call him Liam Finn... I assume you are talking of the solo tour? From what I've heard it's pretty much going to be an acoustic set and my thought is that Liam Finn (who is openning for him) will provide a bit of a band... saw him on Letterman, he's notbad... as far asone-man-bands go... although there was a woman playing with him on Letterman!

Just my little insignificant thought!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    ed vedder and the whacked out pearl jam fans
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Isn't he in a band called Pearl Jam? What are you talking about? :rolleyes:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Eddie Vedder & The Vinyls.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    And The Cruisers? Sorry couldn't resist.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    I thought "solo" your meant there was no band. Why does everyone assume there is a band?
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Eddie & the Republicans, lol.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    He Gives Good Ed
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    gtrplyr wrote:
    I thought "solo" your meant there was no band. Why does everyone assume there is a band?

Because he's going out basically in support of Into the Wild, which is his "solo" record, which also includes a backing band. Most of those songs can't be played correctly without help.

I would be more shocked if he didn't have some sort of backing band, to be honest. I would be a little surprised if it was just a dude and his guitar for two hours, awesome as that would be.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Isn't he in a band called Pearl Jam? What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

April solo tour. please try to keep up. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Eddie and the pissbottlemen
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    April solo tour. please try to keep up. :rolleyes:

what they were trying to say is that "solo" tour means "solo" tour.. it is a one time gig of "solo" shows... there is not going to be a back-up band.............EV will do songs from ITW, he will do some PJ songs, and covers.. he will have special guests at each city and the rest of PJ could show up at a few gigs... EV needs no back-up..............
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Eddie & The Ticketmasters
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    Because he's going out basically in support of Into the Wild, which is his "solo" record, which also includes a backing band. Most of those songs can't be played correctly without help.

I would be more shocked if he didn't have some sort of backing band, to be honest. I would be a little surprised if it was just a dude and his guitar for two hours, awesome as that would be.

"Just a dude"??????????? You really need to think before you speak... or post, as it were.........
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Danimal wrote:
    And The Cruisers? Sorry couldn't resist.

That was funny.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    He changed his name to April and his band are the fools,April & the fools

Thus "April Fools tour"
  • Options
    Eddie and the dumb threads
    the Minions
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    eddie vedder and the patriots
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Eddie Vedder and the Nicotine Fits
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    no band needed, he's coming out like this boieeee

and can i say how fucking excited i am for this! the shows, not the one man band thing. though if ed walked out like that i'd be fine with it too lol
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I thought Eds helper band name was The April Fools. For the shows my guess is a couple of his friends.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,571
    Ed played on his own during the warm-up show :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Ed Vedder and Boston Lou's Whalers
  • Options
    Because he's going out basically in support of Into the Wild, which is his "solo" record, which also includes a backing band.

There's no backing band on Into the Wild. He plays all the instruments himself (with the exception of the guitar solo on "Society")

But you're right, he couldn't play them live like that by himself. So he's either going to strip them down & do it solo, or not play some songs, or have a couple of friends help out. And I think it'll be the last option. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Flea & Jack Irons.

And they should call themselves The Veddermen. Or Eddie and the Iron Fleas. Or Eddie Pepper and the Chili Vedders. Or Chili Veddilli.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    eddie and the evolution
  • Options
    "Just a dude"??????????? You really need to think before you speak... or post, as it were.........

Lighten up, Francis. You know what I meant.
  • Options
    what they were trying to say is that "solo" tour means "solo" tour.. it is a one time gig of "solo" shows... there is not going to be a back-up band.............EV will do songs from ITW, he will do some PJ songs, and covers.. he will have special guests at each city and the rest of PJ could show up at a few gigs... EV needs no back-up..............

That's funny. Because Chris Cornell's "solo" tour had a band. So did Jerry Cantrell's.

I think you guys are looking at the word "solo" a little too literally.

He'll either have a "backing band" or "special guests" -- I think we're talking about the same thing, actually.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    The Nothingmen