Options

What's Goin on with Modest Mouse?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I haven't heard any news or music from them in a while. Anyone know what's goin on out there with them.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Last I saw was they were starting up rehearsals for the new record.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Does this band make records high or sober? cause they sound fucked up! I don't mean that in a bad way, they just sound like they're fucked up.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Last I heard Brock was working with someone famous on something. Sorry for the complete vagueness and lack of details, but that is all I remember.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Brock has been workign with Johnney Marr for the new album.

Should be good stuff.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    intodeep wrote:
    Brock has been workign with Johnney Marr for the new album.

Should be good stuff.
    There it is. Thanks.
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    Does this band make records high or sober? cause they sound fucked up! I don't mean that in a bad way, they just sound like they're fucked up.

They work slow and they work high, Mr. Brock has a well documented history of using the drugs while writing albums. No sober human could have written Moon and Antarctica!!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    tentative release date for winter of 06

big emphasis on the word "tentative"
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    awesome,
    thanks for the update everyone.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    They work slow and they work high, Mr. Brock has a well documented history of using the drugs while writing albums. No sober human could have written Moon and Antarctica!!

i think he entered rehab before the last album, alcohol rehab, but i'm not positive.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time