Well, looks like I'm fially seeing the Chili Peppers

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited January 2007 in Other Music
A friend of mine who is a n engineer for like 3 or 4 stations called me tonight at like11:30pm, and said he just got us free tix for the chili peppers. So, that is very cool. How are they? I heard they just play mainly new stuff, but have been lacking on the greatness of Stadium Arcadium tracks... especially disc1 it's awesome. I guess I got 2 more bands to add to my concert resume :D Gnarls Barkley and the Chili Peppers.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    I was at a RHCP-show in 2003. I never saw them live before, but one things for sure: they give you a great show. I still am speachless....
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    free? that's too much, i wouldn't go.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    brain of c wrote:
    free? that's too much, i wouldn't go.
    Are they that bad? or is this just sarcasm? :confused:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    red mos wrote:
    Are they that bad? or is this just sarcasm? :confused:

They are fine. They are GOOD. This tour has been great - I saw them twice back in the fall. I've seen them every tour since 2000. If you like their music, you will enjoy the show. Don't pass on seeing them!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I know they don't play MANY old songs but they usually stick at least one in there from the 80s. I've heard that this year they've played Me and my friends, knock me down and Sex Rap! (which is kinda gross considering their age :D)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    they aren't bad live..but nothing special to me
    pretty predictable setlist with the hits from Californication to the new album
    and yeh the occasional 80s track(they played their cover of Fire when i saw them) and the hits from BSSM.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm pretty excited about seeing the show. Hell, out tickets were free so, we both said we are gonna go and have a good time. I'll be sure to let you all know how the show is. :D

Thanks again everyone!
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    They're great live. It's true that their setlist doesn't vary much, but John throws down like Jimi Hendrix on the guitar live. They improvise quite a bit, and you will not find better improvisation than what John and Flea create together in rock music.
  • I cant wait...seeing them in Florida for the first time too. I just want to see Chad play drums.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    The Dallas show last night was Great. I had a great time, and the Chili peppers were full of energy. Flea is truly an awesome bass player and John Fruscante's Guitar playing is amazing and it was so cool hearing and seeing them collaborate. The energy was great. I know there is not a whole lot of variation in the setlists, but here it is cause I know some people were asking about setlists for this tour.

can't stop, Dani California, Scar tissue, charlie, havana affair (the Ramones), hump de bump, BSSM, Song bird (John Fruscante solo, Fleetwood mac cover), snow (Hey Oh), Throw away your television, warlocks, me and my friends, stadium Arcadium, right on time, C'mon girl, californication, By the way.
    Encore: Under the bridge, Give it away, 15 minute outro Jam (Just John, Flea, chad, and the bongo player from Gnarls Barkley.
    Gnarls Barkley was ok, just not really my thing. It may have just been their sound too. sounded really muffled.
  • Thanks for posting the setlist. I'm seeing them in Tampa and was just now wondering what they were playing, so you saved me from a Google search. :)

red mos wrote:
    The Dallas show last night was Great. I had a great time, and the Chili peppers were full of energy. Flea is truly an awesome bass player and John Fruscante's Guitar playing is amazing and it was so cool hearing and seeing them collaborate. The energy was great. I know there is not a whole lot of variation in the setlists, but here it is cause I know some people were asking about setlists for this tour.

can't stop, Dani California, Scar tissue, charlie, havana affair, hump de bump, BSSM, Song bird (John Fruscante solo, Fleetwood mac cover), snow (Hey Oh), Throw away your television, warlocks, me and my friends, stadium Arcadium, right on time, C'mon girl, californication, By the way.
    Encore: Under the bridge, Give it away, 15 minute outro Jam (Just John, Flea, chad, and the bongo player from Gnarls Barkley.
    Gnarls Barkley was ok, just not really my thing. It may have just been their sound too. sounded really muffled.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    red mos wrote:

can't stop, Dani California, Scar tissue, charlie, havana affair, hump de bump, BSSM, Song bird (John Fruscante solo, Fleetwood mac cover), snow (Hey Oh), Throw away your television, warlocks, me and my friends, stadium Arcadium, right on time, C'mon girl, californication, By the way.

There ya go! I knew you'd have a great time - thanks for the writeup! How cool that they did Havana Affair, and I always like hearing what John did as his solo song. We got BSSM too - that is so great live.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Here is a chili peppers setlist site I found. Looks like I got most of what I missed on the 2003 tour on Saturday.

http://theside.free.fr/
    Thanks Jane NY :D BSSM was amazing live.