Euphoria Morning: How the hell did I miss this back in '99?

The DarknessThe Darkness Posts: 41
edited August 2006 in Other Music
My sincerest thanks to whoever posted the demo of 'Flutter Girl' last week. I heard that song, and was pretty much an instant convert so downloaded the album from ITunes.

I know there are lots of people around here who like the album, but I never really took note of it. The only song I'd ever heard from it was 'Can't Change Me', and it didn't do much for me when I first heard it, so I never bought the album. And the loss is entirely mine, as I could have been enjoying this amazing album for the past 7 years! Oh well, better late than never. Can't wait to hear Cornells next solo disc.

One question, though: Does Matt Cameron drum on the album at all? I don't have the liner notes, since it was a download from iTunes. If it isn't Matt, it sure does sound like him, but with a bit of a lighter touch.
I've got to admit, it's getting better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jesse Freese drums on most

matt cameron drums on dissapearing one i believe
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Drummers on that album are Josh Freese, Greg Upchurch, and Matt Cameron

don't feel bad...a lot of people missed it because Interscope slept on it. Had it received the same push as other acts...who knows what might have happened. I equate it to another legendary album that wallows in virtual obscurity to this day...Skip Spence's Oar.
  • coldloccoldloc Posts: 960
    enharmonic wrote:
    a lot of people missed it because Interscope slept on it. Had it received the same push as other acts...who knows what might have happened.

Agreed. Interscope is really to blame. Euphoria Morning is a true masterpiece.

It's nice that Cornell's working on his second solo album, which is said to be released some time after Audioslave puts out their third album. Can't wait. :D
    walking tightrope high
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fave song: when i'm down.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    fave song: when i'm down.

Mine, too. It's my all-time favorite song. One of Chris' finest moments, I think.
    walking tightrope high
    coldloc wrote:
    Mine, too. It's my all-time favorite song. One of Chris' finest moments, I think.

he needs to do more stuff sans audioslave.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    he needs to do more stuff sans audioslave.

I wish he'd be able to do some serious touring supporting his 2nd solo album.
    walking tightrope high
    coldloc wrote:
    I wish he'd be able to do some serious touring supporting his 2nd solo album.

oh yeah cause i'm sure he'd come down here............not.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

You never know. Let's hold out hope. :o
    walking tightrope high
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    one of fave albums of all time simply AWESOME
    Cornell pwns u
  • One of the most beautiful albums ever written.

My favorites are "When I'm Down", "Preaching the end of the World", and "Wave Goodbye"

Wave Goodbye is about Jeff Buckley dying..

every time i even think about that song i get shivers and get that feeling like I'm about to cry..

really really really unbelievable album.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    My sincerest thanks to whoever posted the demo of 'Flutter Girl' last week. I heard that song, and was pretty much an instant convert so downloaded the album from ITunes.

I know there are lots of people around here who like the album, but I never really took note of it. The only song I'd ever heard from it was 'Can't Change Me', and it didn't do much for me when I first heard it, so I never bought the album. And the loss is entirely mine, as I could have been enjoying this amazing album for the past 7 years! Oh well, better late than never. Can't wait to hear Cornells next solo disc.

One question, though: Does Matt Cameron drum on the album at all? I don't have the liner notes, since it was a download from iTunes. If it isn't Matt, it sure does sound like him, but with a bit of a lighter touch.

Hey, it was me who posted the Flutter Girl demo, glad to have converted you!!! It really is an incredible album. My only regret is that I didn't go to see Cornell live when he was touring, it was just when I got to university and I didn't really know anyone who would have wanted to go...Fingers crossed he will do a big tour when the second solo disc comes out, if I get to hear him perform Seasons (my favourite song ever) live I can die happy.

My favourite song on Euphoria Morning has to be Follow my way - I get goosebumps every time I hear it!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917

EM tour went to Europe. Cornell is arguably more popular now than he was after Soundgarden. Audioslave has had far more radio success than SG did...so who knows?
  • ^ yeah that's true.

soundgarden was kind of the 'underground' band of the top bands from that era.

like.. under alice, nirvana, and pearl jam.

and arguably better than all 3.. :p

until audioslave the only SG song you could hear on the radio was Black Hole Sun.. it's gotten slightly more diverse since then.. i heard Burden in my Hand once!

"Make our day"
    enharmonic wrote:
    EM tour went to Europe. Cornell is arguably more popular now than he was after Soundgarden. Audioslave has had far more radio success than SG did...so who knows?

well that's great but i live in australia, not europe.
    i take a bet on it and happily pay out if i was proven wrong. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    enharmonic wrote:

Yes he had more radio success, but the Soundgarden songs are way better than he is now. I am really sorry that he doesn't make any good music any more.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • love the album.. :)
  • love the album.. :)
    nice name ^_^

"Make our day"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yep, Euphoria Morning is definitely a solid album. My favorites would have to be Follow My Way, Steel Rain, and Pillow of Your Bones... I think I'm off to listen to it right now...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win