Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Which one do I get? A Russian Big Muff or the USA Electro-Harmonix Big Muff"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I like the USA one.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    try them all by i like the russian one and the new little big muff. i don't care much for the full sized USA one.

the russian one is cheaply built but sounds the best to me.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I have the Metal Muff, which I like a lot. but the Big Muff to me sounds too muddy. if you like that raw sludgey Dinosaur Jr sound, that's the Big Muff. I like that sound, but I would want something more versatile. the Metal Muff is a lot more versatile because it has the 3 band EQ which is VERY touch sensitive and also has the top boost, so there's a ton of different sounds to get from it. of course, you didn't ask for an opinion on the Metal Muff, I just threw it out there.
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I bought the USA Muff. But I really liked both. The USA Muff is more...I dunno, "insane" and crazy fuzzy sounding, perfect for Siamese Dream or Dinosaur Jr stuff, but the Russian had a darker, brooding, more distorted tone. Is it worth to get em both?
  • Hey guys i just thought id post on this old thread rather than bring up a new one. Just a quick question about anyone else thats played a big muff. I just bought the USA made one and gave it a try this afternoon. When I click the button in it seems to be slightly delayed in firing up the distortion. Like im only talking 1 second at most but when playing from clean to distorted right away it is a bit of a pain... Does anyone else have the same problem?
    "I dont question, our existence
    I just question, our modern needs"