I know it's odd, coming from me...but

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Most of you have seen my board. I know, it's got a ton of pedals BUT, I was wondering if there was any pedal(s) you could do without or would like to add. I personally bought a Fender Blender from Monster78 a couple years ago but I rarely use it. Of course, I'm just NOW learning how to use it and add it into some original stuff. I've taken my OC2, BD2, and Milkshake chorus off my board(I actually gave my pastor my milkshake). Also, are there any guitars/amps you'd like to add to or subtract from your rig? I'd like to try a SG Les Paul, Epi black beauty, and a telecoustic. I'd also like to get a Marshall cab and a Fender Roc Pro 1000 head (I haven't forgotten, don't worry...funds are low right now, though. Sorry, man). Maybe try out a Sovtek?(sp)
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i covet a few things like a marshall JTM45 (or clone thereof) and a vox AC30 (or clone thereof) but i have no where to play such loud amps so i remain focused on building little amps. would also love a gibson ES335.

now i can build the amps someday but not the guitar.

but really i could get rid of 2/3 of my crap and still have too much. lots of my gear sits unused.
  • Gunning for:

Paul Cochrane "Tim" pedal
    Skreddypedals Lunar Module fuzz
    TC Nova Modulator
    New cables
    American Strat
    Different humbucker guitar than my LP, possibly a Schecter

That is all.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • I just need a Boss flanger, cos the Electric Mistress sounds nothign like a Boss, and that's the tone I need.
    Apart fom that, I'm going at luch to put a deposit on an ESP Horizon FR-2 cos I love everything about it.
    Worry not about having too much gear, grasshopper. As long as your children are not starving, it's OK to have stuff sit for a while. You don't play every song you know every day, and the same happens with gear.
    Some stuff gets used more than other stuff.
    I think I'm pretty set for pedals otherwise. The Nova delay is getting a lot of use. Damn it sounds fine.
    I've been doing Baba O'Reilly with it, really rocks !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Novawind wrote:
    Gunning for:

Paul Cochrane "Tim" pedal
    May as well get your name on the list, by the time yours gets made you'll have had plenty of time to save up for it! (It took mine nearly a year to get made...that being said, it was well worth it.)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • I just need a Boss flanger, cos the Electric Mistress sounds nothign like a Boss, and that's the tone I need.
    Apart fom that, I'm going at luch to put a deposit on an ESP Horizon FR-2 cos I love everything about it.
    Worry not about having too much gear, grasshopper. As long as your children are not starving, it's OK to have stuff sit for a while. You don't play every song you know every day, and the same happens with gear.
    Some stuff gets used more than other stuff.
    I think I'm pretty set for pedals otherwise. The Nova delay is getting a lot of use. Damn it sounds fine.
    I've been doing Baba O'Reilly with it, really rocks !!
    Instead of the BOSS, have you looked at the Ibanez FL-9? I don't know if that might be easier?

I got kicked out of a band a couple years ago for having too much gear...ironically, some of those guys asked to borrow my stuff after...
  • May as well get your name on the list, by the time yours gets made you'll have had plenty of time to save up for it! (It took mine nearly a year to get made...that being said, it was well worth it.)

I got on the list a few weeks ago. Paul quoted me for "end of December/early January" timeframe. I think he's catching up to his waitlist.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Maybe try out a Sovtek?(sp)

they're cool. i had a mig50 briefly. once again, too loud for my needs but fun. i found it a bit hissy but it was also a non-master, mid-wattage amp so that's not surprising.

mccreadyisgod has one and loves it.

there was a period of time a few years ago when they had a buzz and the prices went up a bit. don't know if that's still the case.
  • It was either that Roc Pro mccreadyisgod has or a sovtek. I'm gonna get one or the other. I wish Marshall could come out with a SINGLE CHANNEL tube hybrid.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hardy, I was just listening to A Crow... and I know you like Einziger.

I don't know what phasers you have but I used to own a Boss PH3 and it's perfect for that sound in the solo of Sick Sad little world..

It's got a lot of different phasing options, the 12 stage is really deep. you could go Moog if you wanted maybe the best sound quality but that little boss is a really cool phaser.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.