maybe this old news... but i'm shocked to find out mike never played on jeremy

reaching handsreaching hands Posts: 370
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
just reading about mike on wikipedia and saw he never played on jeremy, is it true?could have sworn it was his whammy bar action seepin thru my speakers?

leeds 26/08/06....electric
paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• REALLY!!!! Wow...I never knew that!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    He surely plays on Jeremy. If not, that means PJ are buncha goddamn phonies.
  • well if you read it on the internet then it must be true!!!!

i love wikipedia, but i am pretty sure anyone can put info on there, not sure how legit each source has to be to get accepted.....i have also read really biased or opinionated stuff on a site that is supposed to be factual like an encyclopedia
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • StuffnJunk wrote:
    well if you read it on the internet then it must be true!!!!

i love wikipedia, but i am pretty sure anyone can put info on there, not sure how legit each source has to be to get accepted.....i have also read really biased or opinionated stuff on a site that is supposed to be factual like an encyclopedia
    That's true for over 90% of online sources, it's certainly not exclusive to wikipedia.
  • i think i went off on a bit of a tangent with the fact stuff, sorry!!!

but in terms of recording, you can do things without certain band members present.....i am pretty sure that i've heard in interviews that jeff didn't play bass on Do the Evolution, stone did.....thats just one example......i myself have been in bands where i didn't play on the recording.....maybe you're not around that day, and does it really matter if someone else does it to just get it done?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    i think i went off on a bit of a tangent with the fact stuff, sorry!!! but in terms of recording, you can do things without certain band members present.....i am pretty sure that i've heard in interviews that jeff didn't play bass on Do the Evolution, stone did.....thats just one example......i myself have been in bands where i didn't play on the recording.....maybe you're not around that day, and does it really matter if someone else does it to just get it done?
    I've been doing this kind of stuff for years (session work), so no it's not unheard-of at all.
    I've played with a lot of bands that were missing a member here and there (no biggie, it happens a lot).
    I think I remember reading somewhere that the the bassist for (I think it was iron maiden) didn't play on
    any of the album because he wasn't that good - supposedly he only did the tours with them.
    I honestly don't know if Mike did or didn't play on Jeremy, but it shouldn't really matter either way
    (it's still a great song regardless - and it's not guitar heavy anyways) - didn't Jeff Ament write that tune.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    I've been doing this kind of stuff for years (session work), so no it's not unheard-of at all.
    I've played with a lot of bands that were missing a member here and there (no biggie, it happens a lot).
    I think I remember reading somewhere that the the bassist for (I think it was iron maiden) didn't play on
    any of the album because he wasn't that good - supposedly he only did the tours with them.
    I honestly don't know if Mike did or didn't play on Jeremy, but it shouldn't really matter either way
    (it's still a great song regardless - and it's not guitar heavy anyways) - didn't Jeff Ament write that tune.

- Ian

Yes, Jeff wrote it. Lyrics by Ed.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    That must be just for the studio recording, because i've seen videos of performances and he's definitly playing.

Peace Love and.... what ever else you can think of
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."