Options

Ok, I led you all on long enough. Here's my new girl...

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Her name's Angel. And MAN does she sing...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v370/fitofrage/guitargear/angel/

American Standard Strat. Black, maple fretboard. Gonna do a little plastic surgery as soon as my parts from Warmoth get in. She's getting a new black pearloid pickguard and trem cover, as well as black pup covers and knobs. I'll post post-op pictures once it's all done.
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nice. what year? i used to have a 95 that was really toneful despite it's giant bathtub pickup route.

we can do spy vs. spy once yours is all black.
    http://picasaweb.google.ca/exhausted1975/62ReissueStrat#5253286128217057314
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Nice!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Strats are sexy beasts.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    It's a '97. She's very resonant, although I haven't popped off the pickguard yet to see about the internal route or anything.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    TDMize15TDMize15 Posts: 166
    Beautiful, classic Clapton color scheme.

I currently have a teal metallic Lonestar Strat... but my Grandpa is giving me his guitar the next time I see him... it's the most beautiful Fender I've ever seen in my life, I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
    All the rusted signs, we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...

And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what a beauty. worth the wait. congrats!
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Novawind wrote:
    It's a '97. She's very resonant, although I haven't popped off the pickguard yet to see about the internal route or anything.

It might be the same as the one I had then. They had a certain character that was really nice.
  • Options
    Here are the latest pictures. Really looking great with the new pickguard, knobs, and trem cover. Warmoth pickguards, by the way, ALMOST line up with 97 American Strats except for the screwhole directly above the neck. Had to fill the existing hole and will drill a new one tomorrow when the glue has fully set.

DSC02020.jpg
    DSC02021.jpg
    DSC02022.jpg
    DSC02023.jpg

And a style shot with the stack for good measure:
    DSC02024.jpg

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Very nice!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    nicely done. gave me some ideas. my 57 reissue gets in tomorrow and i can't wait
    Music for Rhinos