I've added 'Black' to my acoustic set

oil alternativeoil alternative Posts: 192
edited October 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
It went down really well on sunday and there was only one person other than me who knew it was PJ, it was to a pub where the majority of drinkers are approaching pension age!
www.myspace.com/rockmastergeneral

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Nice Add! I've been working on a lot of PJ unplugged (esp after the Vedder Solo Tours).

I think Black solo acoustic works just fine, even better with 2 guitars (one playing open chords, one up 5th - 7th fret bar chords). Heck, they floored neil with it at Bridge two years ago...

Would be interested what else is in your set, lemme see top-of-the-head:

Thin Air; Light Years; Elderly; Release; Black; Crazy Mary; Driftin'; YL (still workin it out); I Am Mine, oh heck just about everything from EV: Society; Hard Sun; Far Behind; Setting Forth. Patriot. hmmmm, fading... Walking the Cow; Trouble, Don't Be Shy, Millworker;

For laughs have been trying out SOLAT and Hail Hail, hehehe.
    But then, I'm not giggin this set, just playin these at picnics, campfire sing alongs and what not...

My new fav venue is the drunken poker-night singalong, break out the field recorder and the acoustic, hand lyric sheets to my buddies and let 'er rip!
    [sic] happens
  • I don't like playing it acoustically so much (Because when I play it, the songs doesn't sound as good). BUT, it gets a huge reaction, none the less. Sounds like a rockin' time, though!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy