'52 Es 125

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
(My Gibson 1952 ES 125) I've might of talked about this guitar before on here. I put it away till I had the money to send it away 10 years ago or so. At the time the neck and a corkscrew to it. It was my grandfathers originally, then my brother had it in his closet for almost 10 years or so (which I never new). Any way it was stored for almost 20 years with the strings still on it. My brother asked me over one day to take a look at this old guitar, and I was in shock on what I found. I talked to Gibson about the neck and they said they'd pull the neck off steam it and see if they could straighten it out. They said how much it cost, and I didn't have the money to do so at the time, so I put it a way. Last night a friend of mine was over and asked to see it. I pulled it out and told him the quick story on it. He took a look down the neck then gave me a funny look. I said "What?". He hands it to me and says take a look for yourself. I looked down the neck and hardly saw a twist to it at all. WTF I thought. Has a minor hump where those always had problems but thats about it. I'm going to get a new set of tuners for it, string it up and see what I can do to get it going again.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/