Staring down to used portaflex's about 30 minutes ago

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Was at guitar center originally looking at the double cut away P-90 les pauls, but those are over priced pieces of poop.

Then I stumbled upon two used ampeg portaflexs. One was about late 90's the other was a 70's. Both beat up. Newer one had a blown speaker, but plugged into a new cabinet to see what we had, and it was sounding killer. Old one was just beat to hell and back, but still sounded descent.

New one they were asking a Grand for it. I thought about it did some math, and said $600. They went a way (which I always follow them and stay in there face). I go, look the speaker is shot, needs a new buckle, needs a new handle, tolex is torn pretty good, come on. He said $700 was as low as he could go. Well I walked out with out. Thinking of a new game plan for it. Possible a set of EL34 power tubes for it and $700. Speaker will cost me about $100.

It's worth it to me just for the head, and to use it thru a 4x10 cabinet.
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments