here's a guy some of us can relate too.....

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcerebralpaul

look at the gems in this guys yard sale pile.

I believe you were looking for a Mayonaise JofZ.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/orange.php

I'm wanting again too. I'd love to have 2 of one of my favorite amps ever.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcerebralpaul

look at the gems in this guys yard sale pile.

I believe you were looking for a Mayonaise JofZ.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/orange.php

I'm wanting again too. I'd love to have 2 of one of my favorite amps ever.

Sshhhhhhhh :)
    Paul is a musictoyz member, not sure what is going on or why he is dumping his pedal board. But as you can see I am going to snatch up the Mayo.
    One hell of a collection if I do say so myself :)

I am closing in on mental instituion status and my wife is going to be the one checking me in. I bought the Classic 45 from Germino, 12 week wait, have the Emerald Green on its way from BJF and I just put down a deposit on another Murphy. These things keep finding me, help!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    That Crush 15 Orange would make a great back-up amp for my champ.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    Sshhhhhhhh :)
    Paul is a musictoyz member, not sure what is going on or why he is dumping his pedal board. But as you can see I am going to snatch up the Mayo.
    One hell of a collection if I do say so myself :)

I am closing in on mental instituion status and my wife is going to be the one checking me in. I bought the Classic 45 from Germino, 12 week wait, have the Emerald Green on its way from BJF and I just put down a deposit on another Murphy. These things keep finding me, help!

WTF!!! Put down the Amex Black man, it's on fire!!!

All that being said, BJF stuff is likely to go the way of Way Huge one of these days. Did you notice the little orange wonder in that lot?

That Germino is awesome but you know that already.

I knew you wanted a mayo and they are unavailable so I thought I'd give you a heads up if you missed it.

How cool is having things custom built? That's an addiction in itself.

If you're paying less than 8 or so on the Murph's you're getting a great deal. Guitar Center doesn't have one on the wall less than 11 and they don't have the special tidbits the one you got does.
    Stefan, those might be cheaper over there, they are made in Korea but the company is british so there are quite a few in europe. I like the Crush 15's. pretty well, not so much the reverb model but the basic $99 crush 15 is sweet, closed back and all.

Warning:
    If you ever play an AD, you may not be able to leave the store without it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Stefan, those might be cheaper over there, they are made in Korea but the company is british so there are quite a few in europe. I like the Crush 15's. pretty well, not so much the reverb model but the basic $99 crush 15 is sweet, closed back and all.

I wasn't planning on buying from that site or anything :) I didn't even know those Oranges existed. I'll definitly keep an eye out here. If it's anything near $99... Thank for the heads up.
    pearlwax wrote:
    I wasn't planning on buying from that site or anything :) I didn't even know those Oranges existed. I'll definitly keep an eye out here. If it's anything near $99... Thank for the heads up.

There is a lot to be said for the closed back. The new vox valvetronix line is also CB and it helps with the tightness so many little combo's lack. Looks cool too.

This may help http://orangeamps.com/
    Would be great if I could find one, but I haven't seen a lot of Oranges in Belgium. Oh well, the UK is only a boatride away. I'd try and sell my Fender 85 for around €250 and I'd have some spare cash in hand. Would be perfect.

Just checked Harmony Central: the Crush 10 gets more points than the 15. Probably cheaper as well. Oh well, I'd be psyched if I ran into either one of them here.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    WTF!!! Put down the Amex Black man, it's on fire!!!

All that being said, BJF stuff is likely to go the way of Way Huge one of these days. Did you notice the little orange wonder in that lot?

That Germino is awesome but you know that already.

I knew you wanted a mayo and they are unavailable so I thought I'd give you a heads up if you missed it.

How cool is having things custom built? That's an addiction in itself.

If you're paying less than 8 or so on the Murph's you're getting a great deal. Guitar Center doesn't have one on the wall less than 11 and they don't have the special tidbits the one you got does.

Warning:
    If you ever play an AD, you may not be able to leave the store without it.

I had contacted a bunch of peole months and months and months ago regarding the Murphys. The one I bought fell in my lap, so I grabbed it. The others I have found are all 05s, seems Murphy just sent out a bunch he finished. The Japanese snatched up most for over 10,400. I have an accepted deal from one seller for 5700 on a washed cherry, eastern maple top, tiger flame burst. It is one of the nicest I have seen identical to page 77 of BOTB.
    As for the Germino it was just a matter of time, he is doing a way with the Masonette and I took that as a message that he is getting very big. I want good parts and I figured a 12 week wait was going to become 18 then 24.
    I think Skreddy makes great shit, the Ernie is fantastic and I know the Mayo is the bomb, so I have to snag it. I fell asleep on one last week.
    That BJ Orange is supposed to be pretty cool, a buddy of mine who sells BJF and is good friends with BJ said it is probably something he will do more of. BJ has some kick ass stuff coming. I am sworn to secrecy, but I bet you can figure it out ;)
    I love this stuff, it is a blast and the people involved are so fantastic it is a treat. I never look at this as an investment, just something I really love and hope to pass on to my kids and grand kids. Those Les Pauls are like living artwork to me, I have always wanted one and being able to play one is icing on the cake. I have a disgust for collectors and investors who don't play em or can't and I am coming across them on a daily basis. It makes me sick to thnk some of these guys are buying up 3 and 4 at a time and putting them in storage for good. Money nevers buys intelligence or class.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    I had contacted a bunch of peole months and months and months ago regarding the Murphys. The one I bought fell in my lap, so I grabbed it. The others I have found are all 05s, seems Murphy just sent out a bunch he finished. The Japanese snatched up most for over 10,400. I have an accepted deal from one seller for 5700 on a washed cherry, eastern maple top, tiger flame burst. It is one of the nicest I have seen identical to page 77 of BOTB.
    As for the Germino it was just a matter of time, he is doing a way with the Masonette and I took that as a message that he is getting very big. I want good parts and I figured a 12 week wait was going to become 18 then 24.
    I think Skreddy makes great shit, the Ernie is fantastic and I know the Mayo is the bomb, so I have to snag it. I fell asleep on one last week.
    That BJ Orange is supposed to be pretty cool, a buddy of mine who sells BJF and is good friends with BJ said it is probably something he will do more of. BJ has some kick ass stuff coming. I am sworn to secrecy, but I bet you can figure it out ;)

I'm persuasive when I need to be.

Ve have vays of making you talk. :D
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I'm persuasive when I need to be.

Ve have vays of making you talk. :D

I can give you one color Purple :)
    The other I can't tell you as I have no idea what it will be, but it is something everyone wants, can't get and you don't see many bouteek guys makin.
    I know the purple one is done and there is one State side, do a search you might find a post and then I wont get in trouble for tellin you. The other one you will figure out, figure out, figure out :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?