Checkin' in... and an SG for sale...

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone, just letting you know I'm still out there. Busy as all hell, recording three albums right now and a fourth is coming soon, and school and taxes and a moving fiasco (my gf moved in a week ago), plus I went on the road with a band for a few days and had mechanical trouble... long stories, all.

Recent gear news: trading my beloved Art & Lutherie acoustic for an early 70's Fender Bassman and a 4x10" cab with alnico Webers. It's basically a done deal, the guy's just finishing a few gigs with the amp and I have a wedding to play the acoustic at, we'll be trading in a couple weeks.

Other than that, just plugging away. Jonesing for a reverb pedal... and I'm thinking about doing a Variax with a Warmoth Tele body this summer. Get me a pluggable acoustic sound, and with the latest firmware update, people are actually pretty happy with their 'axes. Plus, with a decent body and hardware, it'll be much more playable (and easier on the eyes). Probably get the workbench software, or whatever it's called.

And as for the SG:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7393139770

The guy who's trading me his amp & cab is selling his SG through me (he's a close friend). It's nothing special, but it's nice and playable and right in time for tax refunds... bid away!
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• And as for the SG:

The guy who's trading me his amp & cab is selling his SG through me (he's a close friend). It's nothing special, but it's nice and playable and right in time for tax refunds... bid away!

MIG!
    What happened to the Axe?

i just wanted to see it, mang.
    u took it down, or did you piss of ebay somehow?

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey everyone, just letting you know I'm still out there. Busy as all hell, recording three albums right now and a fourth is coming soon, and school and taxes and a moving fiasco (my gf moved in a week ago), plus I went on the road with a band for a few days and had mechanical trouble... long stories, all.

Recent gear news: trading my beloved Art & Lutherie acoustic for an early 70's Fender Bassman and a 4x10" cab with alnico Webers. It's basically a done deal, the guy's just finishing a few gigs with the amp and I have a wedding to play the acoustic at, we'll be trading in a couple weeks.

Other than that, just plugging away. Jonesing for a reverb pedal... and I'm thinking about doing a Variax with a Warmoth Tele body this summer. Get me a pluggable acoustic sound, and with the latest firmware update, people are actually pretty happy with their 'axes. Plus, with a decent body and hardware, it'll be much more playable (and easier on the eyes). Probably get the workbench software, or whatever it's called.

And as for the SG:

nice, the warmoth bodies are really cool, and you can add a little style that way. the bassman 70 will be fun. I have some used 6V6's (Sylvania, RCA Black Plate) out that 52 Hammond model M I demolished that I think are barely used I just don't want to really sell them because I don't know how used they are but I doubt they got much play in the last 50 years. I'll give them too you if you want them for the old vibro champ.

Reviews on the verbzilla are pretty good. I still like the digiverb mostly too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • MIG!
    What happened to the Axe?

i just wanted to see it, mang.
    u took it down, or did you piss of ebay somehow?

:D

You might have trouble seeing it until this evening... I did a scheduled auction start, the listing will show at 7:00 PST. It's nothing wild, just a nice little Epi.

Paco- the DigiVerb still treats me well, but the mono input is killing me. Besides, the VerbZilla has a couple extra tricks up it's sleeve. The DigiVerb would be really nice for acoustic, which is why I'll probably hang on to it after I get a VerbZilla. And thanks for the offer on the tubes... NOS is getting harder to come by every day. What I really need are rectifiers. The lil' Vibro Champ has burned through some power tubes in it's days... It's the downside to an amp that sounds great at "7". If you wanna get them off your hands and into an amp that'll use them, go right ahead.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    You might have trouble seeing it until this evening... I did a scheduled auction start, the listing will show at 7:00 PST. It's nothing wild, just a nice little Epi.

Paco- the DigiVerb still treats me well, but the mono input is killing me. Besides, the VerbZilla has a couple extra tricks up it's sleeve. The DigiVerb would be really nice for acoustic, which is why I'll probably hang on to it after I get a VerbZilla. And thanks for the offer on the tubes... NOS is getting harder to come by every day. What I really need are rectifiers. The lil' Vibro Champ has burned through some power tubes in it's days... It's the downside to an amp that sounds great at "7". If you wanna get them off your hands and into an amp that'll use them, go right ahead.

yeah no problem it's just that they aren't getting used. I think I have a huge old black plate 5U4 too but it's way way too big for the VC. I'm in the selling market, I've got to get rid of my Barber DD, Ultimate Chorus, Basic 50, and 87 LP and potentially the DL4 too. since you've been gone, I bought a new strat, it's crowded in the Apt.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.