Pearl Jam Week / PJ35 Concerts in 2025

MikeDigsMikeDigs Posts: 1,248
edited September 21 in The Porch
It would be cool to have a special concert each year during a "Pearl Jam Week", where the band could do extended sets and include special unique performances.  The Pearl Jam song catalog has grown quite a bit over the years, and this type of event would be a great opportunity to include more songs from the fantastic catalog.  We love the deep album cuts and rare gem songs!

This type of concert would appeal to the many hardcore Pearl Jam fans from around the world.
A celebration of our favorite Hall of Fame Legends :rock_on:
Post edited by MikeDigs on

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Someone else said Pearl Jam Day is May 1 - 5/1 (five against one).

You're describing basically One Big Holiday by My Morning Jacket. Which, yeah, that'd be a lot of fun. Or, PJ20 but every year I suppose.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Posts: 1,248
    edited May 29
    Someone else said Pearl Jam Day is May 1 - 5/1 (five against one).

You're describing basically One Big Holiday by My Morning Jacket. Which, yeah, that'd be a lot of fun. Or, PJ20 but every year I suppose.
    Yes I do remember the 05/01 suggestion for five against one, and I really like that day also.  I hadn't heard of One Big Holiday, but I got my idea from 311 Day on 03/11, where the band would play all of the gems that the hardcore fans love.  Pearl Jam absolutely has many gems for us hardcore fans.

Also, a Pearl Jam Cruise would be awesome.  But I understand that the cruise would be less popular, due to much higher travel costs.  Still, sign me up! :rock_on:
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    AKA the 311 model
    I am not interested in a cruise
    edited May 29
    I think the Vegas Sphere would be an excellent choice for a Pearl Jam Day concert.  The venue is beautiful and Vegas is a great city to travel to.  Hopefully this idea can get passed on to Pearl Jam management.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Lol
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    edited May 30
    Red Rocks Amphitheatre is also great for Pearl Jam Day

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited May 30
    They should add a concert on every tour, at some random place that is Tenclub only. At a fitting venue size wise.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited May 30
    MikeDigs said:
    I think the Vegas Sphere would be an excellent choice for a Pearl Jam Day concert.  The venue is beautiful
    It's gimmicky.

This is beautiful:

:)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    They should add a concert on every tour, at some random place that is Tenclub only. At a fitting venue size wise.
    Now we're talking 
  • EL91640EL91640 Posts: 116
    MikeDigs said:

I enthusiastically support this being about 20 minutes away! But since it's a smaller venue better make it PJ week and do 7 shows. 
    "For when the music hits, I feel no pain at all"
    EL91640 said:
    MikeDigs said:

I enthusiastically support this being about 20 minutes away! But since it's a smaller venue better make it PJ week and do 7 shows. 
    Smaller venue, but likely can fit us 10 clubbers  B)

Pearl Jam Week...  I really like the sound of that.  Even if it's only 4-5 shows spread out over a week.  This also matches my vision that I had for the Pearl Jam Cruise, where the band can perform unique sets, which would add to the overall experience.
    Also this.  A special 10C show each tour also matches the vision.  Love it.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,847
    pjl44 said:
    Now we're talking 
    With 10c getting more seats (including the not-so-great ones, because someone needs to be in the upper level), I wouldn't mind a 10c-only show with random seat assignment. Or, single tickets only to a GA venue with no transfers.
    London 2007 with the entire floor being tenclub only was on the right path
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763

Indeed. 
    edited June 17

Pearl Jam Week 2025 at The Gorge Amphitheatre

A return to the Gorge seems like a fitting place for Pearl Jam to host this event.
    3 amazing shows.
    With all the rare gems songs that you can imagine.

This idea excites me quite a bit.  I've never been to the Gorge but heard great things.
    A legendary venue to celebrate our favorite Hall of Fame Legends!

Can we please get this idea passed on to the management team for consideration?  :rock_on:

edited June 17
    ^ I had a dream that I was at Pearl Jam Week 2025 at the Gorge, and it was as amazing as you would imagine.  I met a bunch of you awesome 10 clubbers there, and the band played all of our favorite rare gems.  And then we get a 4K content of Pearl Jam Week 2025, which includes all of the sets with awesome camera angles, and bonus backstage footage, and interviews.

I hope my dream becomes a reality
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,759
    No gimicky screen needed there with that natural backdrop! A destination for most I'd imagine. 
    edited June 17

Pearl Jam Week at The Gorge would be Something Special...

B)

Dreaming of Pearl Jam Week concerts at the Gorge...

:rock_on:

Art source

Yes please!

edited September 18

Europe and Australia

A special 3 day event, which the hardcore Pearl Jam fans would love to attend.  All the deep cut, rare gem, awesome songs.  Casuals are invited too, but I think the fans would love to hear the extensive catalog of songs.

Pearl Jam Week is a celebration of our favorite Hall of Fame legends!

Here's to Pearl Jam Week 2025 in the US, Europe, and Australia!  :rock_on:
    edited July 1
    Maybe 1-2 Pearl Jam Weeks per continent would work well.
    With 10C member prioritization. 
    Essentially each Pearl Jam Week would be like a PJ20 show.
    Three shows, with one day rest in between.
    Less travel for the band, and bigger shows to cater to hardcore fans that travel.

2025 Pearl Jam Week Ideas

NA1 - The Gorge
    NA2 - Somewhere East
    Europe1 - Slane
    Europe2 - Berlin area or similar
    Australia1 - Sydney
    Australia2 - Perth

Not sure what the market is like elsewhere, but likely at least one show in SA and Asia.

• bigbadwalksbigbadwalks Posts: 22
    You may want to reconsider putting the UK and Slane together. It was a whole thing 😂
    You may want to reconsider putting the UK and Slane together. It was a whole thing 😂
    I modified it, thank you for the heads up.  It was indeed a thing :lol:  Still, I think The Slane Castle would be a nice venue for Europe.

MikeDigs said:

Beautiful!

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,437
    MikeDigs said:
    Maybe 1-2 Pearl Jam Weeks per continent would work well.
    With 10C member prioritization. 
    Essentially each Pearl Jam Week would be like a PJ20 show.
    Three shows, with one day rest in between.
    Less travel for the band, and bigger shows to cater to hardcore fans that travel.

2025 Pearl Jam Week Ideas

NA1 - The Gorge
    NA2 - Somewhere East
    Europe1 - Slane
    Europe2 - Berlin area or similar
    Australia1 - Sydney
    Australia2 - Perth

Not sure what the market is like elsewhere, but likely at least one show in SA and Asia.

Good call. They could probably get away with some place in the “middle” of North America (eg, Chicago, Red Rocks??) as well.