Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    VIP is good if you want to relax away from the music.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 205
    critterau said:
    Are you able to transfer wrist bands? I know it will sell out but can’t pull the trigger yet. How likely is it to get tickets a few months out on resale market based on previous years? Enough availability?
    Yes, no trouble, but once it's on someone (if they put it on tight), it's on until they cut it off.

There is usually a secondary market run through the site, hard to say about availability but I imagine you'll be OK.  
  • Options
    It is a physical wristband. So it is very easy to transfer. In the past they arrived several weeks in advance of show so plenty of time to sell or buy them on secondary market.  In the past there was plenty for sale.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    njhaley1 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
    Where's a good place to park?  I've been to Dana Point for Ohana (parked at high school and shuttled), and during the offseason, but am not certain what to expect with off-site parking and what might be available.  I'd prefer that, although the hill out is a bit of a climb!
    There's some neighborhood parking I've used all 4 years I've gone that's about 15 minutes away. Usually plenty of spaces. Be warned it's mostly uphill on the way out of the festival. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback on the VIP pass. I picked up GA for the weekend afterall. It will be my first time there. I'm totally excited!
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 567
    Getting FOMO this time.  2 PJ shows with Uncle Neil in between along with a really strong lineup.  Help.  Never done Ohana.  I'm already using 4 vacation days for the spring tour, Van1&2, LV1.  This would another require 4/5.  So, is Ohana worth using all my remaining time off for?  
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,254
    Thanks for the feedback on the VIP pass. I picked up GA for the weekend afterall. It will be my first time there. I'm totally excited!
    Good call in my opinion.  There are festivals where you really need VIP to avoid a total shitshow but Ohana is more than fine with a standard ticket.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Getting FOMO this time.  2 PJ shows with Uncle Neil in between along with a really strong lineup.  Help.  Never done Ohana.  I'm already using 4 vacation days for the spring tour, Van1&2, LV1.  This would another require 4/5.  So, is Ohana worth using all my remaining time off for?  
    Yes.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,275
    Good call in my opinion.  There are festivals where you really need VIP to avoid a total shitshow but Ohana is more than fine with a standard ticket.  

I agree, even though we've gotten VIP for the last several years. GA is fine, we went that route the first few years. I get VIP passes for us because this is the one thing my husband, who still wears jeans from the '90s, likes to splurge on. VIP is nice and all, but it's not a great value.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 94
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Yes.
    +1
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Last year was my first Ohana miss after 5 in a row. I was in Hawaii instead. On a Hawaiian beach my wife said, “Feels sad that we’re not there.” 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,416
    Yes
    . Agree
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,173
    YAKIMATSU said:

The venue and usually the weather, and the setup of the stages, and all of the extra things to do while you are inside, make it a great value even if you only know the headliner bands.  We have gone the last couple years, and sat right in between both stages so we don't have to bounce back and forth, and have found several new bands to follow.  The crowd is great, and so is the food.  Nothing is cheap though.  I would think that unless there is a monsoon, you will find it to be one of the best uses for your vacation days that you can find.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,275
    TA243471 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:

The venue and usually the weather, and the setup of the stages, and all of the extra things to do while you are inside, make it a great value even if you only know the headliner bands.  We have gone the last couple years, and sat right in between both stages so we don't have to bounce back and forth, and have found several new bands to follow.  The crowd is great, and so is the food.  Nothing is cheap though.  I would think that unless there is a monsoon, you will find it to be one of the best uses for your vacation days that you can find.

BUT -- but -- it will be colder than you expect it to be. I'm a woman of a certain age with lousy circulation, and wear a lot of layers. Men or younger people might not have this problem, but if it's cloudy, the combination of damp air and sea breeze chill me to the bone. And since  @YAKIMATSU you say you're in Santa Fe, I'd add that I've found that damp/humid air makes high temps feel hotter and cooler temps feel colder than they do in a dry climate.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    jdasilvaf said:
    Line-up really is amazing, wish I could afford to go.
    Same here!
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Man, I just don't see how I could do this trip for under $5K.  Two kids heading off to college in the fall and other shows planned. Not in the cards this year unfortunately. Super jealous of those that are going to experience an unforgettable weekend. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    TA243471 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:

It's funny because my listening tastes are pretty much Sirius XM Altnation, so I sometimes look at the Ohana lineup and say "Who the fork are these people?"  I thoroughly enjoyed Lord Huron and Margo Price a few years ago having never heard a single note of their music.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,961
    Man, I just don't see how I could do this trip for under $5K.  Two kids heading off to college in the fall and other shows planned. Not in the cards this year unfortunately. Super jealous of those that are going to experience an unforgettable weekend. 
    Keep an eye on airfare, youll find a deal to LAX or SNA for about 200-300 round trip per person. Get a hotel in Laguna Hills, Irvine, or San Clemente for around $1k or less. Uber/Lyft every day $150-200 total. Food & coffee $180-200ish total. 3 day GA wristbands $540 ea. ($1080?)

I'm getting it done for less than 2k. You could do anything from 2 to 3k 🤘 YOU CAN DO IT
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Last year was my first Ohana miss after 5 in a row. I was in Hawaii instead. On a Hawaiian beach my wife said, “Feels sad that we’re not there.” 
    They should put this in their marketing materials!

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    For the New Englanders, surprisingly reasonable flight prices from Boston to San Diego could be had this morning. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
    Anyone know the pricing?
    ~$540 for the 3 day general admission,  $200 for individual day.
    Is that expensive or "normal" for an US festival? 

Compared to swedish festivals, that is expensive.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    njhaley1 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
    Where's a good place to park?  I've been to Dana Point for Ohana (parked at high school and shuttled), and during the offseason, but am not certain what to expect with off-site parking and what might be available.  I'd prefer that, although the hill out is a bit of a climb!
    as someone else said, I find a neighborhood on the hill. Just be careful not to steal someones parking spot in front of their house! haha. But there are places, just arrive early and you'll be fine. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    yeah that hill blows....I heard some people talking about riding bikes from San Clemente which wouldn't be a bad ride except for when it's dark.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    What a lineup !! holy cow. Crowded House, Neil, The Breeders, The Idles, Cat Power !!
    I have to find a way to get to Dana Point
  • Options
    PJ x 2, Neil Young with Crazy Horse, Idles....have to go

Thinking about hitting Vegas for a few days ahead of the weekend. Since I'm a high roller and all.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,546
    Anyone know the pricing?
    ~$540 for the 3 day general admission,  $200 for individual day.
    Is that expensive or "normal" for an US festival? 

Compared to swedish festivals, that is expensive.
    It is on the higher end.
  • Options
    I wonder if we could get away with parking at the Ralph's just west of the concert area? It looks like it's open until 1am

• Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 205
    DEGBTI said:
    njhaley1 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    as someone else said, I find a neighborhood on the hill. Just be careful not to steal someones parking spot in front of their house! haha. But there are places, just arrive early and you'll be fine. 
    I think I have an idea where you and @tbergs mean.  There's also a garage up there if I remember right.  
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,416
    I wonder if we could get away with parking at the Ralph's just west of the concert area? It looks like it's open until 1am
    No.. they tow
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    No.. they tow
    Toad the Wet Sprocket